Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Marijuana After Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by iHashtronaut, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi, I have "walking" pneumonia. I was feeling pretty miserable for the past 4 days, but I started medication (something called a z-patch?) yesterday and I'm feeling a whole lot better. I wish I went to the doctor a day earlier, because the night before I went to a buddy's house and ripped bong a bunch of times (I act upon the notion that smoking will always help you feel better when you're sick, even though I know that's not true). That's in the past, nothing I can do about it now, and it didn't seem to effect me too much, so whatever.

I am fully aware that smoking is a no no when you have pneumonia. My question is: How long should you wait before you can safely smoke again AFTER you've had pneumonia? And would this time change if it's a less serious case of pneumonia like I have?

If you aren't sure, please don't say something like "a couple weeks should work," because an unnecessary week or two is a real long time to someone who smokes multiple times a day.

Also, is there any method of smoking that would be better AFTER having pneumonia? Like I'm guessing a bong with several filters would be better than a blunt.

NOTE:
    I know I can make edibles and they wouldn't harm my lungs, but they take alot more work than lighting a wick and inhaling. I'll make some, but I want to get back to normal smoking as soon as possible.
    I don't smoke cigarettes, if it makes any difference.

All feedback is greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks,

Hashtronaut

2. You are recovering from a bacteria infection, in a vital organ of your body. Don't work against your immune system and antibiotics by smoking marijuana until you have been cleared of the infection.

3. If you have access to a vaporizer at all, that will help. I made the same mistake of smoking when I had pneumonia last year. BAD mistake. The pneumonia ended up lasting 3 months and I believe I may have permanently damaged my lungs.

4. Yeah I know not to smoke while I have the infection. My question is should I wait a certain amount of time after I know the infection is gone? Or should it be safe to smoke once the infection is fully gone?

5. wait what??

pneumonia sucks

yeah... no... man.. wait till you are 100% sure you're lungs and immune system is good to go, you like breathing dontcha?