Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can out of state doctors write a prescribe?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dltoke, Feb 10, 2010.

1. I live in tx but I'm moving to California soon. My dad is a doctor, could he legally write me a prescription in tx for med Mary in Cali, and would it be valid?

2. Wouldn't your dad know?

3. No, the doc has to be licensed to practice in the state of origin of the script. Live in Cal need a Cal doc.

4. Not to mention family members cant write perscriptions

5. You wont be needing any out of state docs giving you prescriptions if you're going to move to Cali, you wont have much trouble getting it from a doc here.

6. Yes they can.

7. I live in virginia. would i be able to get MMJ from DC and still live in Northen VA?

8. Folks, its been asked many times and you can search the answer. You can only get your card in the state you live in. You cant get cards from out of state!