Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Strain for migraines

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by thenewkevsters, Feb 17, 2009.

1. My mom has had horrible migraines for years.
    She's tried and done eveything and so i told her that she needs to get her card. But they are pretty $ so i was just going to pick her up a G just to see if it help and if not she wouldnt get her card. My question is whats the best strain for migraines. I think i need a Sativa for my mom so i was thinking trainwreck but idk. Any suggestions

2. Any strong indica.
    I suggest Velvet kush or OG kush. Both of these are great for the behind the eyes feeling.

You may get a bit of the Couch lock so be prepared to sit and enjoy.

:D

3. #3 expandingeye, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
    I actually VERY much prefer sativas when i get a migraine. Super silver haze, or trainwreck are good ones for me. Some indicas seem to not cure it as well for me. Even though most say indica is pain relief, I think the way sativa makes your head buzz is a perfect antidote for migraines.
    edit:eek:ther buds i found effective
    pot of gold
    c99
    white widow
    ak47
    white russian

4. haze and white russian really helped out when i had massive migraines:smoke:

5. Would hash work against migraines? I have a migraine like three or four times a year, and they always seem to pop up during parties (if I have had as much as a single beer, the migraine will make me throw up). I'm asking because I have better access to hash than pot (the choice is between an unknown pot strain and an unknown skunk strain).

6. trainwreck will work

7. #7 HighMind, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
    I second OG Kush

8. Afgoo, Thai Stick, Purple Kush, and Bubba Kush would all be good for migrains. Really any heavy indica should do the job pretty well.