Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just Need a Quick Answer on THC Lotion/Oil

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 2Faded, Jun 9, 2008.

1. I need to get a bottle of this stuff for my mother, but she is concerned that it will get her high- yes or no?
    She has terrible chronic pains, mostly in her back. She has arthritis as well. I want to get the cream for her, but if it gets her high then this is def a no.
    I couldn't find a real answer to this.
    What I'm thinking is that it pretty much just numbs up the pain for whatever area you rubbed the cream on. It just doesn't make sense if it got you high, and when I say high, I mean high in the head.
    I appreciate the help guys,
    2F.

2. lalalalalalalalala

3. no it will not get her high

4. That's not real THC lotion, it's probably oil made from seeds. Selling oil/lotioin with THC in it is illegal.

5. Um, why would it be illegal? It's from the club..

6. im more sure than not that it wont get her high

but dont take my word.lol

heres an idea: buy the lotion/oil put the recommended amount on your skin and wait a bit if it gets you high keep it for yourself if it doesnt get you high give it to her.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And if it does get you high, let us know.

8. Haha, got it.
    I'm not going to purchase it for a while, so if you have any comments, please post them.

9. If it gets you high mail me some! drug dogs won't smell it Lol...
    anything like that is hard to come by in a state like Florida!

10. It will not get her high but it will work great for her arthritus pain.I got some for my grandmother at club in socal and she loves it. The club I got mine from no longer carries the creams though so if you know of a place that still carries it pm me, if your interested I've also been given some recipes for creams and salves I may just have to try one of those.

11. It all depends on the concentration of the lotion and how often and where she uses it. THC lotion DOES get you high. Well, can. Although absorbing THC through the skin is an ineffective way to take it, it DOES happen.

Just give it to her. Tell her to use it sparingly at first because it does contain THC. I imagine she will absorb enough thc to help her pain and feel a little better but won't get super baked.

12. why not just get a water based lotion, crush up some oxycontin 80's in it and tell her to throw that shit on. thatll numb her up.

13. Oh yeah, this stuff will be used by my g-ma too. She is taking hycodone vic's right now, but it still doesnt take away her pain. So bud cream is a must for her case, along with my mother.
    Comprade I'll PM you about it later, I don't have time to write up a message atm.
    Thanks for the responses guys.

14. I request you tell us how effective it is to relieve the pain. Good luck!

15. My Massage Therapist (who also happens to be my sis) makes an olive oil based canna-tincture that is fantastic for muscle pain and joint stiffness. I believe its primarily made from brewed green leaf vs bud, as the pain relief comes from the CBD's rather than THC.

I use the oil fairly often and have never felt a high from it. Even my otherwise very canna-reactive wife reports that what she mostly feels is pain relief with little to no stone.

16. That is a very smart choice, as CBD provides more effetive pain relief, but little "high" inebriation, which most pain-relief seekers want to avoid.

17. Ah, perfect. A review from a fellow blade; that's what I wanna hear.
    Thanks man.

18. i actually just bought a salve from a club in santa cruz california, it will get you high if youre not careful. i bought it for plane rides, if u put enough in the right spots (jugular, wrists, inside elbow, back of knee etc.) you will get a head high going because of the high blood flow in those areas it works well for pain relief aswell, i have tendonitis in my hamstring and have been applying it there aswell with positive results, the pain isnt 100% gone but it makes you not care about the pain, like you feel it but it doesnt register in your brain as a negative feeling it just feels neutral

19. If your dispensary has it, get a high CBD rub! CBD cannot get you high at all- the closest it comes to that is that it reduces anxiety! (The THC high comes from the CB1 receptors. CBD works on a totally different type of receptor!)

Next, hit the health food store!
    How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis (news – 2009)[FONT=&quot] How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis - Free Online Library[/FONT]

Hemp seed oil is high in Omega 3, which is something the American diet is WAY low in! :( Besides being good for her (and your) heart :love: , Omega 3 helps your body make the healthy CB1 receptors that you need to get high :smoke: and they do about 1000 other "jobs" in your body to keep you healthy.:hello:

(Hemp seed oil makes a nice Oil and Vinegar salad dressing with NO THC! [​IMG] )

This explains more-

Omega-6 to Omega-3 Ratio - Discover the Shocking Reality That Ruins Your Health More than You Think! - Free Online Library

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

20. So I recently bought a 2oz bottle (60ml) of the 'Apothecanna Extra Strength Body Creme' from a Colorado dispensary for $30. The bottle has several warning labels that say things like "THC!" "CONTAINS MARIJUANA" and "KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN". It also has a silver sticker that notes the concentrations as 27.69mg THC and 26.65mg CBD.

When I look this product up online (on forums and the FAQ of the manufacturers website) it says that it is NON-psychoactive and will NOT get you high OR show up on a drug test, but on the back of the THC sticker it says "THE INTOXICATING EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY BE DELAYED BY 2 OR MORE HOURS. DO NOT DRIVE A MOTOR VEHICLE OR OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY"

which is it.... will the THC in this product cause a euphoric feeling? or did I just waste $30?