Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hemp oil & Brain tumor

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by apogee91, Sep 9, 2012.

1. I am trying to find any success stories cured stories for brain tumors ingesting hemp oil . The only story I can find is about a 2 yr old kid. I am trying to find anything tjat has to do with Rick Simpsons hemp oil curing a brain tumor (GBM or Astrocytoma)

Thanks

2. There is pleanty of info out there, with proof of it working (Tommy Chong cured his cancer with it). Personally, I wouldnt be wasting any more time, I would get to making/eating it asap. But I dont want to tell you what to do, or have you take my advice and fail. But that is what I would do.

All I can say for sure is educate yourself. Read up, come to a conclusion and go with it. Be forewarned, you shouldn't take the oil if you are taking chemo/radiation because it will have to work twice as hard to combat the poisons from them.

My $0.02

3. Thanks, I started the oil. I took 0.25 grams and it got me so high I seriously had hallucinations. It's very harsh on me. I am asking myself if I really need to go through the whole psychoactive part needless to say, I couldn't find even 1 success story of RS oil and Brain C

4. Start small and work your way up, you need to build a tolerance.

Start with a rice grain size, or half if you have a really low tolerance, for a week or two.

5. [quote name='PaulKemp420']Start small and work your way up, you need to build a tolerance.

I don't mind taking 2 grams a day, I just want to find some proof this works on brain tumors.

I've seen 13 videos of this you g fella with brain cancer and at his last video (a year ago) he reported his tumor doubled in size. Here is the vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ue7QP_MXs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

6. Here are the more recent studies I have on brain cancers-

A pilot clinical study of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme. (full - 2006)
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

The non-psychoactive Cannabidiol triggers caspase activation and oxidative stress in human glioma cells. (abst - 2006)
    iHOP - The non-psychoactive cannabidiol triggers caspase activation and oxidative stress in human glioma cells.

Acyl-based anandamide uptake inhibitors cause rapid toxicity to C6 glioma cells at pharmacologically relevant concentrations. (abst – 2006) Acyl-based anandamide uptake inhibitors cause ra... [J Neurochem. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

R(+)-methanandamide elicits a cyclooxygenase-2-dependent mitochondrial apoptosis signaling pathway in human neuroglioma cells. (abst – 2006) Pharmaceutical Research, Volume 23, Number 1 - SpringerLink

Safety and efficacy of a novel cannabinoid chemotherapeutic, KM-233, for the treatment of high-grade glioma. (abst – 2006) Journal of Neuro-Oncology, Volume 77, Number 2 - SpringerLink

Preclinical studies of KM-233, a safe and effective classical cannabinoid chemotherapeutic for the treatment of high-grade glioma (news – 2006) AANS - Article

Cannabinoids Curb Brain Tumor Growth, First-Ever Patient Trial Shows (news – 2006)
    Cannabinoids Curb Brain Tumor Growth, First-Ever Patient Trial Shows

THC tested against brain tumour in pilot clinical study (news - 2006)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Cannabinoids Induce Glioma Stem-like Cell Differentiation and Inhibit Gliomagenesis (full - 2007) Cannabinoids Induce Glioma Stem-like Cell Differentiation and Inhibit Gliomagenesis

Expression of cannabinoid receptors and neurotrophins in human gliomas. (abst - 2007)
    Expression of cannabinoid receptors and neurotrop... [Neurol Sci. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Targeting astrocytomas and invading immune cells with cannabinoids: a promising therapeutic avenue. (abst - 2007) Targeting astrocytomas and invading immune cel... [Mol Neurobiol. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoids and gliomas. (abst - 2007) Cannabinoids and gliomas. [Mol Neurobiol. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

New Study: Marijuana Might Cure Brain Tumors (news – 2007)
    New Study: Marijuana Might Cure Brain Tumors | StoptheDrugWar.org

Cannabinoids as potential new therapy for the treatment of gliomas (full - 2008)
    http://safeaccess.ca/research/pdf/ParolaroCBasTherapyforGliomas2008.pdf

US Patent Application 20080262099 - Inhibition of Tumour Cell Migration
    (full – 2008) Inhibition of Tumour Cell Migration - US Patent Application 20080262099 Full Text

Cannabinoids Inhibit Glioma Cell Invasion by Down-regulating Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 Expression (full - 2008) Cannabinoids Inhibit Glioma Cell Invasion by Down-regulating Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 Expression

Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits cell cycle progression by downregulation of E2F1 in human glioblastoma multiforme cells. (abst - 2008) Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits cell cycle ... [Acta Oncol. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Down-regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in gliomas: a new marker of cannabinoid antitumoral activity? (abst - 2008) Down-regulation of tissue inhibitor of met... [Neuropharmacology. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

5-Lipoxygenase and anandamide hydrolase (FAAH) mediate the antitumor activity of cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive cannabinoid. (abst – 2008) 5-Lipoxygenase and anandamide hydrolase (FAAH) m... [J Neurochem. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

High concentrations of cannabinoids activate apoptosis in human U373MG glioma cells. (abst - 2008) High concentrations of cannabinoids activate ... [J Neurosci Res. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells (news - 2008) Entheology.org - Preserving Ancient Knowledge

Cannabinoid action induces autophagymediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells. (full - 2009) Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells

TRB3 links ER stress to autophagy in cannabinoid anti-tumoral action. (full – 2009)
    http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/autophagy/SalazarAUTO5-7.pdf

Amphiregulin is a factor for resistance of glioma cells to cannabinoid-induced apoptosis (abst – 2009) Amphiregulin is a factor for resistance of glioma cells... [Glia. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

THC initiates brain cancer cells to destroy themselves (news - 2009)
    THC initiates brain cancer cells to destroy themselves | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging News

Marijuana ingredient may reduce tumours-study (news - 2009)
    AlertNet - A Thomson Reuters Foundation Service - AlertNet

Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells (news - 2009)
    Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells - US News and World Report

Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer (news - 2009)
    Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer

Active Component Of Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Effects, Study Suggests
    (news - 2009) Active Component Of Marijuana Has Anti-cancer Effects, Study Suggests

Anti-Cancer Effects In Active Component Of Marijuana (news – 2009)
    Anti-Cancer Effects In Active Component Of Marijuana

Medical Marijuana and Brain Tumor, Malignant (news – 2009)
    https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/view/16?ailment=brain-tumor-malignant

Cannabidiol Enhances the Inhibitory Effects of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol on Human Glioblastoma Cell Proliferation and Survival (full - 2010) http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/Brain_Cancer_Study.pdf

The expression level of CB1 and CB2 receptors determines their efficacy at inducing apoptosis in astrocytomas. (full - 2010) The Expression Level of CB1 and CB2 Receptors Determines Their Efficacy at Inducing Apoptosis in Astrocytomas

Cannabinoid and cannabinoid-like receptors in microglia, astrocytes, and astrocytomas.
    (full – 2010) Cannabinoid and cannabinoid-like receptors in microglia, astrocytes and astrocytomas

Anti-tumoural effects of cannabinoid combinations - Patent TW201002315 (A) ― 2010-01-16 (full – 2010) Espacenet - Description

Synthesis of Novel Cannabinoid Ligands and Their Use as Anti-Glioma and Anti-Inflammatory Agents (full – 2010)
    http://etd.uthsc.edu/WORLD-ACCESS/Gurley/2010-030-Gurley.pdf

Opposite changes in cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptor expression in human gliomas.
    (abst – 2010) Opposite changes in cannabinoid CB1 an... [Neurochem Int. 2010 May-Jun] - PubMed - NCBI

Science: Cannabidiol enhances the anti-cancer effects of THC on human brain cancer cells (news – 2010)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Cannabinoids inhibit glioma cell invasion in brain cancer studies (news - 2010)
    Cannabinoids inhibit glioma cell invasion in brain cancer studies - National Cannabis Revolution | Examiner.com

Cannabis Rx: Cutting Through the Misinformation : Dr. Andrew Weil (news - 2010)
    Dr. Andrew Weil: Cannabis Rx: Cutting Through the Misinformation

Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression
    (news - 2010)
    http://blog.norml.org/2011/03/22/ca...with-spontaneous-tumor-regression-study-says/

Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum/forniceal pilocytic astrocytomas-possible role of Cannabis inhalation. (full – 2011)
    http://cannabisclinicians.org/wp-co...nhalation-and-Brain-Tumor-Regression-2011.pdf

Phytocannabinoids for use in the treatment of cancer - Patent GB2478595 (A) ― 2011-09-14 (full – 2011) Espacenet - Bibliographic data

Molecular Mechanisms Involved in the Antitumor Activity of Cannabinoids on Gliomas: Role for Oxidative Stress (abst/ click for full PDF – 2011)
    Cancers | Free Full-Text | Molecular Mechanisms Involved in the Antitumor Activity of Cannabinoids on Gliomas: Role for Oxidative Stress

A combined preclinical therapy of cannabinoids and temozolomide against glioma.
    (abst – 2011) A combined preclinical therapy of cannabinoi... [Mol Cancer Ther. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Stimulation of the midkine/ALK axis renders glioma cells resistant to cannabinoid antitumoral action. (abst – 2011) Stimulation of the midkine/ALK axis render... [Cell Death Differ. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Tumors Regressing - Thanks to Cannabis? (news – 2011)
    Tumors Regressing

Marijuana Compound Induces Cell Death In Hard-To-Treat Brain Cancer
    (news – 2011) Marijuana Compound Induces Cell Death In Hard-To-Treat Brain Cancer

Inhaled Cannabis May Keep Brain Cancer in Remission (news – 2011)
    Inhaled Marijuana May Keep Brain Cancer in Remission

Alteration of endocannabinoid system in human gliomas. (abst – 2012)
    Alteration of endocannabinoid system in human gl... [J Neurochem. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

CANNABIDIOL INHIBITS ANGIOGENESIS BY MULTIPLE MECHANISMS
    (abst – 2012) CANNABIDIOL INHIBITS ANGIOGENESIS BY MULTIPLE... [Br J Pharmacol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid signaling in glioma cells. (abst – 2012) Cannabinoid signaling in glioma cells. [Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Mechanism of anti-glioma activity and in vivo efficacy of the cannabinoid ligand KM-233. (abst – 2012) Mechanism of anti-glioma activity and in vivo e... [J Neurooncol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoids inhibit peptidoglycan-induced phosphorylation of NF-κB and cell growth in U87MG human malignant glioma cells. (abst – 2012) Cannabinoids inhibit peptidoglycan-induced phospho... [Oncol Rep. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

I hope I have gathered what you need.

Granny :wave:

7. And boom goes the dynamite

8. Granny strikes again. :D

9. #9 apogee91, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    That's a superb collection of info but I have yet to see 1 success story online. + there are links you posted there which encourage the use of chemotherapy with hemp oil!

10. Looks like it quadrupled in size if not more if it went from 2.x by 2.x to 5.x by 5.x.

I wish that fellow hadn't tried chemotherapy first but he likely didn't know about the oil before the chemotherapy failed.

As Paul has stated I think you should be starting with smaller doses until you build up a tolerance. I realize it's easier to say than do when your life is in the hands of the oil, but you just have to trust in it and slowly build up to higher amounts. For the first week you should be ingesting a really small amount and then try to increase it after that to what you're comfortable with. Whatever you do, try to stay positive. The mind is the first step in your cure. The oil is the second.

Please let us know of your progress. I wish you well.

11. #11 apogee91, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    Thanks, I am very positive :) I cut down on sugars and I am also on a vegetarian diet. I do believe Cannabis Oil can cure with the help of God. It's just that I'd like to see the smallest piece of evidence on a case with a brain tumor and I can't find one which is dis-encouraging.

I just think that if someone with brain cancer would have been cured by ingesting the oil he would be all over the internet praising the oil and what not...

12. I realize that we're biologically quite different but I think it's a very good sign that cannabis has been shown to reduce brain tumor sizes in mice. And I'm sure what you're taking is medicinally far greater than what the mice were given since anything used in lab experiments is generally provided by the Government and is of questional quality.

I'm hoping that you will be first to sing the praises of hemp oil when it cures yours. :) In the meantime, I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

13. Like others have quoted don't just use the weed use a very healthy diet. I m talking greens glore. Kales shakes are pretty good for you also Tommy Chong says he uses some real good green tea extract pills so look into them also. You have to give up the processed foods sugars and all that turn your body alkaline.

14. If one starts with chemo and radiation (which are both carcinogenic), when you finally use the oil, it's to fight both the cancer cells and the toxicity and damage caused by the chemo and radiation, making it's probability of efficiency slim, instead of having started with the oil, to fight only the cancer cells. Sadly enough, just like this young gentleman, most people go to cannabis oil as a last resort, instead of a first, ending up with it not being effective. Personally, I'm starting with the oil 1st. But anote, about your case, you need to find either a strain to make the oil or the oil itself, with high amounts of CBD. Cannabis has many cannabinoids. THC is the one that causes the psychoactive effect, reason why most strains have been bred to have as much THC as possible. But in brain tumors, the cannabinoids that activate the endocannabinoids in the brain is CBD, not THC. THC will help with the cancer in general, but CBD is the cannabinoid responsible for stopping growth/spreading/metastasis of the cancer, especially in the brain. It's really hard to find strains or oil with high percent of CBD and THC, but it's worth the trouble. Blessings! :wave: