anything moving forward for Texas to legalize????

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Luv2chief2003, Jul 2, 2012.

1. I see all these other states legalizing.. when is Texas gonna get smart?!

2. As long as rick Perry is around, never.

Well see it before our times up but it'll be a while.

3. FML....:mad: that's it, I moving to Cali!!

4. Lol legal in Texas:p u made me laugh
    Answer: never

5. ^ no kidding. I think well see it before too long but it sucks that we don't have medical marijuana already.

6. IMO, we will be one of the last hold out states unless El Paso, Austin and Houston just outgrow the rest of the state in population. So that they can overtake the entrenched old fogeys in the state government that jerry mander all the other districts so that there are never any dissenting opinions in the state congress. Or in short not unless its passed federally.

7. If they legalize there, then it will be the last state to legalize...but that shit will never happen in Texas. they got allot of eeewwhaawwing and gun slingin to do before they legalize.:wave:

8. [quote name='"420 Medical"']

If they legalize there, then it will be the last state to legalize...but that shit will never happen in Texas. they got allot of eeewwhaawwing and gun slingin to do before they legalize.:wave:[/quote]

That is truly depressing.. I used to think it was great here in Texas, now I'm realizing it sux balls!! Dangerous guns is ok but Green grass is bad.... >.<

9. Its a vote thing. Once things swing around a bit and farmers see the potential profits from hemp or growing Med, things will slowly take shape. Just takes the one politician to throw it out there.

10. I dunno if you Texas folks heard this, but the Texas Democratic Party voted to include legalization on it's 2012 platform!

11. [quote name='"TexasLiberal"']I dunno if you Texas folks heard this, but the Texas Democratic Party voted to include legalization on it's 2012 platform![/quote]

Get outta here!!??

12. [quote name='"TexasLiberal"']I dunno if you Texas folks heard this, but the Texas Democratic Party voted to include legalization on it's 2012 platform![/quote]

Are you sure legalization? There's an enormous difference between legalization/decriminaling/medical.

13. It's worth noting that it's the Texas Democratic party that is endorsing this.

Since Texas is largely a republican state, I don't see this happening.

On the other hand, if you live in Austin, I believe it is already decriminalized here (up to a half O), but I cannot confirm this.

14. [quote name='"papaduck"']It's worth noting that it's the Texas Democratic party that is endorsing this.

Since Texas is largely a republican state, I don't see this happening.

On the other hand, if you live in Austin, I believe it is already decriminalized here (up to a half O), but I cannot confirm this.[/quote]

Yeah this is true, but its a start. And no I don't believe it is decriminalized anywhere in Texas. Cops may just write you a small ticket and let you go but they can do that anywhere in ththe state, it just depends on the officer. Marijuana possession is not a felony in Texas until your carrying over a quarter-pound.

15. I don't understand these republicans.. how is it that several states can pass but were not.. smh... I thought we were " united " States??!! But What's good for Cali, Colo, Ore, etc isn't good for us??!! Sheesh... I wish it was that easy....

16. [quote name='"Luv2chief2003"']I don't understand these republicans.. how is it that several states can pass but were not.. smh... I thought we were " united " States??!! But What's good for Cali, Colo, Ore, etc isn't good for us??!! Sheesh... I wish it was that easy....[/quote]

Well we are different than the rest of the states. Different taxes and junk, we can even secede if we wanted to. So what's good for them, we look at and decide if it will benefit or harm us.

17. Seeing how most of Texas is full of Conservative Republicans....
    Don't get your hopes up.