Tennessee & Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by pleasedeleteme, May 29, 2012.

1. A bill recently died in committee this year for MMJ in Tennessee.

(Tennessee Medical Marijuana Bill Dies After Hearing | The Daily Chronic)

It was known as House Bill 294.

I was wondering if anyone knows of anything new in the state of Tennessee concerning Marijuana?

(Aside from the fact that anyone busted in TN has one hell of a fight coming their way)

2. Every year, I attend Mayfest in Memphis Tennessee. I had the pleasure of talking with a couple who donates a great deal of their time and resources to the legalization effort. Although the last bill did take a dive, they said it is not over. There is a new bill being drafted, some of the details have changed, but much of the most important language in the bill has stayed the same. Expect to hear something as we move closer to 2014.

3. I have very little faith. It is part of the "bible belt" i figure we'd be the last ones to get it. Too many seniors here that dismiss mmj.

4. Tennessee is one of the leading producers of marijuana in the Southeast. Something good will happen as soon as the Bible belt dies out.

-C

5. Hopefully the state will bring forth another bill in the coming year, it would help the state since its already a big marijuana state already

6. I'm sure your right about being last Greenhit23

7. Haha - and i hope im not.

does not matter anyways im gonna be movin to Cali in the next few years.

8. I think Tennessee is the leading producer in the entire US. Them good ole boy ain't makin shine any more. And the money generated helps town's to make it thru these tuff times, this fact they cannot hide from. Same for a lot of area's in California. Growing a lot of pot is a great benifit for anywhere in the country, and everyone knows and excepts this as true. This might be the important first step on the road to freedom..

9. So I'm moving to Memphis from Pittsburgh, is the situation good down there? How hard is it to find?

10. Wrong. Moonshine is regular around here. Aint no big deal.

I really think if MMJ would be decrim. it would do a lot of good for the old folk here.

11. there to much bout there alkyhol

12. What surprises me is that a large portion of the regular citizens that live here are for decriminalization. Seriously. It's just the men and women in government.
    With that being said, Fuck Diane Black.

13. I don't understand how it can be so dry here, seriously, fucking legalize... MMJ for MS!!!

14. Keep looking around man. It took me almost a year to get a dealer that would finally do me straight in TN.

15. 'I will, thanks

16. yeah man im from TN and wish they would hurry up and legalize it!!!!

17. Seriously, I am sick of dealing with people's BS, shaky, moldy overpriced shit and the run around to get it... Shitty Dealers, Thanks for nothing!

18. Tennessee will be one of the last states to legalize. With counties that still can't pass a bill to allow alcohol sales pot isn't getting by any time soon. That being said there is plenty of good weed around if you know who to talk to, at least here in east tn.

19. im from TN too and i really wished they would do something about mmj. its about time and i really hope we aint one of the last but its looking like we might be...

20. I live in Alabama, and there's no way marijuana will be passed anytime soon for any deep southern states. The conservative baby boomers control the state senate and representatives. Sadly, though I never wish death upon anyone, the only way medical marijuana passes in a bible belt state is when the baby boomers either die off and/or younger citizens become part of the senate/house. Moving west is the best option