Barney's Farm Tangerine Dream won cannabis cup 2010.. with powdery mildew..

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by 420Report, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I'm a huge FAN of barney's farm strains.. well I was up until they gave out bunk weed at cannabis cup this year. Okay.. well it was good if u were a judge and came in with a judges pass.. but nothing special.. see pic http://i.min.us/ibgMFi.JPG
    I purchased 2 grams of the tangerine dream (barney farms entry into cannabis cup 2010) 1 gram during cannabis cup and 1 gram after it won.
    the first gram was decent but nothing special.. a citrusy, leaning orange flavor and after taste on exhale which was rather smooth. On ash test it was very nicely flushed and free of hard metals. HOWEVER, i had to pick white powdery mildew off a nug.. as u can see in the somewhat blurry pic thats where i found it. On the second gram there was no mildew but it was much less cured and sort've abysmal in flavor and potency.. it even had a few unmature seed sacks which meant it HERMIED.. so try and avoid seeds of tangerine dream even if u hear it won cannabis cup this year.. I personally think barney's farm won for giving out the best freebies. Super Lemon Haze was one of the best strains in amsterdam and proof of such is lots of other coffeeshops aside from Greenhouse were growing it. the best strain there was LA Cheese which placed 3rd place and was grown by The Green Place.. who doesn't normally do seeds.. But it was a combo of Cheese x LA Confidential and was amazing. -> http://i.min.us/idxbFC.JPG

and Barney's farms good strains werent even entered into the cup.. like Neville's a5 haze -> http://i.min.us/idtkVg.JPG

2. Cannabis Cup has been rigged for years. And Barney's "fems" have a horrible reputation of turning hermie.

3. Barney's farm seeds are great.. One of the best companies in my opinion.. No hermies here and plan to buy more seeds from them soon..

4. the blue cheese I smoked there and the vanilla kush were both among the best weed I've ever smoked my entire life.. I can't wait till I can order Neville's A5 Haze(pics -> http://i.min.us/idxfRS.JPG ) seeds through them. I'm just letting people know what's up with the leading cannabis cup strains this year..

5. dito:smoke:

6. i grew out 30 SLH and i thought it was crap compared to alot of other strains.

7. crap is a very harsh word to describe slh. i have followed alot of slh grows and have found the majority of growers who have had good phenos of slh, and grew them to term, find it some one of the top choices available today. it is definatly in my top 10, and patients around here cant get enough of it. and thats coming from big fans of heavy hitters like, og kush, headband, bubba kush, and so on. but on the same note i have had slh from a couple people whom dont have their plants dialed in correctly, thus the buds came out undesireable. so i guess conditions and grower have a bearing on getting a quality cannibis cup worthy batch. it is definitly not a beginer strain:wave::smoke:

8. hmmm, subcool said tangerine dream was some of the best bud there. but i dont think you should be suprised to get not so good nugs at the cup, or at the coffee shops. its just the cup is fucked and most of us are smoking better quality weed than what the coffee shops sell

9. Exactly! I was over there in Feb and it's not like they are head over heels above us in bud quality. The Grey Area and Amnesia had top notch bud. Many other strains I tried weren't any better than what I could pickup locally.

10. thanks for all the good info this year 420, much appreciated man. Ill be checking out some of the strains you've listed :D

11. #11 Up_In_Smokn', Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010

I ditto your dittto sir :p

I'm gonna get me some of that Tangerine dream as soon as it's available.
    That's also my favorite ice cream :eek:
    Well, it's called Orange Dream Swirl from Turkey Hill, but it's close enough :D

12. just went on attitudes site it says tangerine dream is on order:hello::smoke:

13. Yeah, they a nice Christmas special goin on too ;)

14. yeah i got that too. very nice lineup:smoke:

15. #15 Up_In_Smokn', Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010
    It would be nice if they got the TD in in time to make the freebie offer :D
    I might order something cheap just to get the freebies, like I really need more seeds right now :laughing:

:edit: BTW, I love your nick :D
    Is that anything like a pillow humper :laughing: :confused: :laughing:

16. I know what you mean. I have 4 clones going already for my next grow and now I just ordered a shitload of beans. I really want to grow out the Mekong High! :smoke:

17. spraying the cannabis (amnesia) white orange jus looks like this is a pipedream.

Attached Files:

18. can anybody tell me what is so great about this cup?

It's time for a real cup, 1 grower, entry: only seeds, 1 cultivated field, 25,= a judge pas & 1500,= for the seedcompany (10 seeds) and buy all seeds at a seedbank (no fucking a rond)! I bet that the Green House or Barney's farm do poor! Make a video & tell how it is! strange hunters ?!

19. this.

20. people who like greenhouses shit reminds me of grown people who like mily cyrus and jonas brothers...........lol what a joke. ive had your guys cali stuff before and it never even comes close to the real thing...for example a pure malawi. like ive said before ive never grown barneys shit before so i cant judge...to much at least.