Sea of Seeds Data Leak Warning

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by OneSickBastard, May 7, 2013.

1. This is pretty serious and may have already been posted. My apologies to the mods if they are deleting threads related to this issue but people deserve to know about this at some point. Anybody that has ordered from Sea of Seeds has had their shipping information potentially exposed for the internet to see.

Someone from SOS has confirmed the problem over at RIU and their site is currently down with a "new web site coming soon". I saw the original thread at RIU that explained the issue with links and everything. I didn't save the links and I wouldn't post it anyway. One can do some investigation over at that site if they are inclined to learn more.

Basically the problem is that their web site shopping cart software's order inquiry was exposed as a public query on the internet and all somebody had to do was change the order number in the url to see the order details for all of their order history. The person who posted the information said he figured this out by doing a google search for sea of seeds and came across the order information in the search results.

Luckily for me I never ordered from them but I have tried out a handful of other seed banks and I sure hope they've got their shit together. Heads up to everyone and as always be careful.

2. If this is a fact...scary.

Good on you for getting the info out.

Anyone else heard of this?

3. Hopefully it isn't a problem to post these links to RIU. Here's more info. The user "E M" is the SoS rep.

Here is a very specific thread that got closed:
    Seedbank security fails huge

Here is the SoS review thread. Starting at post 449 the problems start getting discussed.
    Sea of Seeds reputation - Page 45

4. Yes, google has cleaned all of the cached pages so you will not find it anymore. Now that it is gone, I feel safe in posting a little detail.

When I first learned of the issue, I simply searched for "seaofseeds" in google. About 5 links down, I saw the order information for one of SoS' customers. I then typed in "billing name site:seaofseeds.com" and I got pages of past customer history, with all of the pertinent information displayed in the link summary, including name, address, email, and phone number.

Again, this is all gone now but was available simply using google for several days.

5. Good fucking hell. You know people, it's just sloppy...sloppy. Good God Almighty I am certainly pleased I would have never appeared on such a list. SOS....dot, dash, dot....dot, dash, dot

6. has this all been solved by SOS now?