Federal Bill to Legalize Marijuana Gains Support in Congress

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Mozambiqua, Mar 21, 2013.

1. That's really good news. Hopefully, full legalization is just around the corner. It's encouraging to see all the attention the bill is getting.

2. Contact your congressman in support

And hope you get a better response than I did.....I wrote weeks ago and have yet to get an answer......:rolleyes:

3. In Ed Whitfield's response to me, he basically said he does not really support legalization, but if enough of his constituents contacted him in favor of the measure he would consider changing his stance. It sounds promising, but we here in Kentucky will just have to wait and see.

4. I hope it passes. It's crazy how in 2013 with all the facts out this hasn't been done already... To think this started because white women started to have feelings for blacks and mexicans lmao..

5. Awesome, I hope it passes

6. one step closer to victory. haha

7. if your rep is willing to listen- that's all you can ask for.....now it's your job to go get everybody you know (and their friends) to contact him...

8. #10 squeeg, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
    This has a 99% chance of dying in committee. I don't like to harsh anyone's mellow, but yeah, it's not happening yet. I might write to my rep, but to be fair, it's Louie Gohmert. A quick Google search of his name will show you how absolutely certifiable he is and how friggin' hot his daughter is. If you saw anything on CNN about "terror babies," he was that crazy, bald, raving maniac. As long as people like him are in congress, we'll never be free. :smoking:

Edit: 98% chance of dying in committee, 99% chance to fail a vote. These predictions are from govtrack.us.

9. #11 Storm Crow, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
    Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

If we do not try, we are CERTAIN to fail! Go for it. And if we fail this time, we try again and again until cannabis is LEGAL for ALL!

The fact that this is even being CONSIDERED is GREAT! :hello:

Every time it comes up, we get a few more people to "see the light"!

Ask your congressperson which would they choose to use if they or their spouse got Alzheimer's?

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” (emphasis mine)

So we are supposed to take an expensive, side effect laden, INEFFECTIVE pharmaceutical drug, when we can grow 20% THC cannabis as easily as we do tomatoes? :eek:

Or if an aggressive ID-1 cancer, like "triple negative" breast cancer, struck them or their mother, or sister?

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate[/FONT]

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the (triple negative breast cancer) cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

With just ONE exposure to CBD the cancer cells "
    started to revert to a normal state"! What would a series of injections of CBD into a tumor do? Huge doses of CBD have been given in medical studies with ZERO side effects! No nausea, no hair loss, no high, NADA! Could the future of treating many cancer come down to a series of CBD injections? :confused_2:

Cannabidiol/CBD doesn't even get you high, yet it is banned because it comes from cannabis! :mad:

Could Ted Kennedy have lived if he had used cannabis instead of alcohol?

Even low, regular alcohol use increases the risk of dying of cancer. (PubMed - 2013) Even low, regular alcohol use increases the risk of dyi... [JAMA. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

vs

Inhaled Cannabis May Keep Brain Cancer in Remission (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Inhaled Marijuana May Keep Brain Cancer in Remission[/FONT]

And the study-

Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum/forniceal pilocytic astrocytomas-possible role of Cannabis inhalation. (full – 2011)
    http://cannabisclinicians.org/wp-co...nhalation-and-Brain-Tumor-Regression-2011.pdf

Now those should give you plenty of ideas! :D

[​IMG] And there are 635,613 of us here at GC! (Think of 635,613 pro-cannabis emails all arriving today! :devious: )

Get Busy! [​IMG]

Granny :wave:

10. yes, but we all need to keep up the pressure.

11. sure hope this passes!

12. i hope is legalized all over soon, i live in Panama and if our goverment see that whole US is legalizing it probally it would be legal here too, since US and Panama are very close friends