It’s hard to be more dysfunctional than the federal government and drug policy

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by claygooding, Jan 23, 2013.

1. It's hard to be more dysfunctional than the federal government and drug policy

Here's the bad dysfunctional news: Breaking: In Fight Over Marijuana's Scheduling, Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DEA and Schedule 1

The U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for Washington, D.C. ruled today in favor of the DEA's decision to keep marijuana a Schedule I drug–a classification for substances that are highly addictive and have no widely accepted medical benefits.

“On the merits, the question before the court is not whether marijuana could have some medical benefits,” reads the court's ruling in Americans for Safe Access v. Drug Enforcement Administration. Rather, the court was tasked with deciding whether the DEA was following its own rules in refusing to initiate reschedule proceedings for marijuana.

That's right. The decision had absolutely nothing to do with whether marijuana had medical benefits or belonged in Schedule 1, but rather whether the DEA had followed its own rules that it created when it decided to protect its own budget by denying reality.

Here's the good dysfunctional news: Inslee encouraged by pot talk with AG Holder
    Inslee said the 45-minute conversation was “very satisfying” and a “confidence-builder” about the state's ability to move forward implementing legal marijuana. “We went in thinking we should continue with rule-making and nothing I heard should dissuade us,” Inslee said.

At the same time, he stressed that Holder said nothing dispositive about the federal government's intentions and whether it would crack down on Washington state or look the other way.

OK. Really? Here's the Governor of a state meeting with the U.S. Attorney General and he can't even get a clear answer regarding the law? And yet, that's still better than he expected!

This is dysfunction brought to the heights.

:rolleyes:

2. Our government will bankrupt our nation before releasing hemp to the open market in the US or anywhere in the world because the backbone of the world economy is rooted in corporations that depend on hemp prohibition remaining in place.

The oil industry,,with bio-fuel produced from renewable hemp crops,,how would they keep their profits and assets secure if they couldn’t have fuel shortages and price control when they cannot control farmers but they can turn off oil wells? And they are a major part of the foundation of our economy.

And of course the pharmaceutical corporations,,if you are familiar with all the health issues cannabis can treat,,imagine the losses they will suffer from cannabis legalization.

The arms manufacturers,,imagine no wars over oil or the loss of control when any country can grow enough hemp to fuel their own transportation systems.

And all the other hemp products from lumber to plastic that our markets depend on selling other countries.

It is going to take a serious in their face situation to ever change and it may take more patriots blood to cleanse the roots of freedom.

3. That shit just make me sad :(

4. After watching breaking the taboo, and the house i live in. It really opened my eyes about how horrible our drug policies are, and i was so shocked to learn that the US has the Largest prison population. More people need to question this shit!

Im still in shock that they didn't change marijuanas schedule as a controlled substance. 2 states legalize weed, and with all the medical states you'd think schedule 2 would be a no brainer. What a slap in the face, to all the patients who just wanna have legal medicine.
    :angry:

5. Its not about money the people who are really in charge can just print money when they need it.
    They only way the deficit will go away is if every single monetary note is destroyed ...so that ain't happening.
    no it remains illegal simply because they can't admit they are wrong, when they find someone to blame for it being illegal that absolves them, than they will do it.

6. I think there lack of saying "yes we will go after colo and WA" shows that they don't really care.

Not one of those politicians has the balls to just say we will let them do what they want though.

Thats why there will never be a clear answer or policy.

No one wants to be "that guy"

7. if the answer wasnt based on medical benefit then what the fuck was it based on? i mean isnt that what schedule 2 is all about is how it DOES have medical benefit. i feel like we should be pullling some occupy wallstreet shit to get our point across because these lazy politicians arent doing shit to change the laws.

8. #8 austyn12, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    Okay what the fuck why would they admit they spending 10 billion $ like its a good thing? IF they are trying to say spending 10billion on rehab and drug prevention is good why not make it legal and use the tax to do it instead of making us more into the debit? DO you got any idea what the exuses of the feds not answering back is? Trying to do research all i see is them is saying its a tumor drug......

9. "it wasnt me it was the people that worked here when the dea was first created" thats not why who knows real reason.

10. We promised Mexico 5 billion dollars in the Mirada(sp) act to be spread out over a 4 year period appx 5 years ago and the last I heard we still hadn't sent half that much. That was for the Mexican government to fight organizations that are taking in 50 billion a year,,,,so winning the war on drugs has never been the goal,,only looking like they are fighting drugs is important.

As proof to the world that the US is fighting drugs they are willing to destroy millions of our citizens lives.destroy millions of families and force them to live in poverty the rest of their lives while US/UN forces control the Happy Valley in AFG where 80% of the worlds opium is produced and they are not even eradicating the crops,,in fact there are accusations of using US troops to protect the loads.

We are being played and will continue to be played as long as prohibition makes corporations more money than we spend on the drug war,,but the costs are rising at a rate that has those corporations scared now,,so more lobby money is flowing in DC right now to keep prohibition in place than the US drug budget and the legislators that could stop this insanity are the target for those lobby dollars. That is why we,the people will have to take the right to cannabis away from the federal government one state at a time until the cost of the drug policy costs more than we,the people are willing to pay.

And that is happening right now,,that is why the chair of the Judicial Committee is making reform noises,,it remains to be seen if he is making waves because he wants to end the war on drugs or is fishing for more lobby money.
    :mad:

11. Its absolutely about money, stop talking out your ass. They cant just print all the money they want because that would cause inflation and destroy the value of the dollar. Thats fucking middle school economics.

12. Not really the anti-hemp advocates that are against legalization. It's the groups that profited off of the law that prohibits marijuana. Top couple contributors against legalization are the pharma and alcohol companies, then law enforcement.

All about the money, and the shitty corrupt system that we've been building for the last 40 years. GO POLITICS!!!

13. Try building for the last 80 years,,and yes,,it is a lot of the anti-hemp crowd,,because in 1937 the rich decided we would go with an oil-based energy economy,,what would it do to the oil industry if farmers raised enough hemp to plow there own fields or every country could grow enough hemp to make their own fuel without depending on the oil barons for their fuel.
    Most people wouldn't even know what nylon and rayon were if not for hemp prohibition and the pulpwood industry wouldn't exist.
    Can you imagine the wars we would not have had over oil?
    When you combine the people that had hemp prohibited with the spin-off industries that only exist because of prohibition it forms a very richly backed opposition to hemp legalization.

14. Preach on, OP! It's fucking ridiculous and people need to realize the bullshit they are putting up with and bring the motherfuckers down! Time for a REVOLUTIONNN!

15. Yeah man it's just sad seeing the special interest money controlling drug policy. I'd take a shot in the dark and estimate that at least 70% of these limp-dicked, halfwit good old boy crony douchebags know first hand about weeds harmlessness.

I'm actually a bit worried about the legalization in CO/WA. It's too big a contradiction for the fed's to swallow. When 11 states managed to decriminalize in the 70's the federal reaction was fucking Reagans and their ability to sell society on the dream that most crime and mayhem were the result of these devil narcotics and by declaring war on these deviants we can save society and go back to the 50's where everything's peachy when after I put Bonzo to bed I can get whiskey-dicked and beat my wife.

16. hehe, looks like someone needs needs to research "Quantitative Easing". They are CERTAINLY "just printing all the money they want". The reason it is not inflationary is because the money is hoarded by banks and the ultra-rich. In order for money printing to be inflationary, it must circulate through the economy. That said, hyper-inflation is an inevitability by virtue of how the Fractional Banking System is set up. It is the largest ponzi-scheme ever created.

17. Don't kid yourself. It is and always will be about money!

18. I can see the point of that poster but in the end it's about control and money. And that is that. These people are running freedom into the ground and are scared shitless that too many sheeple are waking up. Fuck 'em. This country has been too corrupt for too long.

19. Cannabis oil fucking cures cancer for fucks sake goddammit