MMJ ballot initiative approved for ballot in Arkansas

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by stoned4sure003, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Woo. I live in arkansas.

2. A southern bible thumping state actually having a MMJ bill make it all the way to the ballot box ?

Southern bible belt states are known for having extremely hard sentences on marijuana.I know, I was born and grew up in Georgia.

For MMJ to even make it all the way to the ballot for a southern state to even get the chance to vote on says a lot on how times are changing and the power and pressure behind it.

Arkansas can expect to see a lot of Vote-No ads on TV being sponsored by the southern baptists , but even still, it's an amazing thing to see MMJ make it that far as other southern states have failed even trying to get MMJ on the ballot.

Being caught with a single plant growing in a southern state usually brings with it a felony and prison time.

Times and attitudes are changing. Both the MMJ legalization movement and recreational legalization movement are growing stronger and stronger in their influence.

One verse I like to quote to bible thumpers, especially southern bible thumpers is Ezekiel 34:29 > And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.(King James version- the version that hasn't had the translations tampered with to alter the meanings by the establishment )

Plant of Renown = Cannabis

And we've heard for decades how the courts,cops, politicians all refer to us as "heathens" and trying to make us feel shame for using this "plant of renown".

Next time you run into a southern bible thumper that's against legalizing Cannabis, quote that verse to them and explain it to them, watch them stutter and stammer then blow a gasket. I've made many of them storm off in silence.

God made Cannabis, but the way 99% of southern baptists tell it, you'd think the devil did.

Genesis 1:29>

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for "meat".

Look at the word "meat", this is where most southern baptists using non-King James versions lose the translation.

1 Timothy 4:1 > Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2-Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3-Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from "MEATS", which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4-For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

They'll try to argue with you saying "meat" means animal flesh, but Genesis clearly is referring to plant matter as "meat" in Genesis 1:29

Isaiah 18:4- For so the LORD said to me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat on herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

(Isaiah 18:4 really frustrates southern bible thumpers who love their oppressive drug laws)

I lived in the south, I know the way they think, the traditions , old fashioned ways, values, ect. When reefer madness took hold in 1937 , the southern states latched onto that propaganda harder than any other region in the U.S. The religious movement especially having an unbelievably strong influence in politics within the south. Times are changing though, and more people are realizing that this "plant of renown" is a healing gift from God, not the devil.

Old fashioned southerners are a very prideful people and it's doubtful they will ever admit they were wrong, but they were handed a lie on reefer madness decades ago and they'll likely be against marijuana even years after they see legalization happen in the south. As far as hypocrisy, most southern bible thumpers are hypocrites, many of them see alcohol use very different that marijuana.

They refuse to see science proving that THC shrinks cancerous cells and it's many uses for medical applications. Most of them just believe- "Well it's illegal , and the Govt. says it's dangerous" , as well as the other unproven beliefs of it being a gateway drug to harder drugs.

One thing you can expect to see when MMJ comes into the southern states, is the southern law enforcement harass the hell out of MMJ patients with many court battles over confiscated MMJ. It's going to take awhile for southern cops to realize they've lost a lot of power after MMJ comes to their state.

I'm glad to see Arkansas make a step this far forward, even by making it this far, other southern states will take notice. God is about to reverse 75 years of damage that the Govt. has done and free the plant that he intended for mankind to use.

3. anything marijuana related has no chance of passing in the south. Southerners are too conservative to vote for medical marijuana.

4. Another thing to add to the Bible quotes back it up with plenty of scientific research. And then ask them this question: If God didn't want us to use this plant why did He make it so versatile? And if its bad are you accusing God of being wrong? Those questions alone will frustrate the daylights out of a bible thumping moron. The ones who preach against Cannabis the most in the religious south are the ones who haven't read their bibles very much. I was born in Knoxville, Tn and have lived in Georgia for the majority of my life and things are beginning to change. I can see it happening around me. And if plenty of people challenge the masses, then their perceptions will change. There are many here in the south that support it. The only thing is we have the good ole' boy network of people to deal with.

5. Since you are so sure, how about you agree to go away if it does pass and take your negative attitude with you?

6. Clinton's back yard? If it has a chance of passing anywhere in the south, it would be there. The liberals appear eager to license the U.S. medical patents to the pharma companies to make themselves a few pretty pennies. Anywhere mmj takes root puts it in their hands as the politicians are lawyers and they will attempt to control it via the courts, continually attacking any mmj laws and twisting them to their advantage.