12-1 light scedule try it, it works

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Pittski, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Just finished a grow of 6 pink kush plants. It was the first time i used the 12-1 light cycle and let me say i am very impressed. Not only did i save a ton of money on power my plants grew stronger and healthier than ever being under 18-6 lighting. No where in the world gets 18 hours a day light consecutivetly so why would you use it in your grow room? Because it burns your bulbs quicker making you buy more bulbs makimg the company who makes the bulb more money, the power company makes alot more money because your high output lighys are always running, bottom line its a waste of money to grow on 18-6. Aswell your plants stress out wen in 18 hour light all the time, like i stated no where in the world gets that much light 13 hours a day is plenty to keep your plants happy and thriving. So for your next grow try this veg- 12 hours light on 5.5 hours off 1 hour on then 5.5 off the one hour in the middle tricks your plants to stay in veg while saving money and producing healthier plants then for flowering cut the lights to 11 hours on 13 hours off for 2 weeks and slowly cut back the hours your lights on so wen it is finished you should have 9 hours on 15 hours off this mimics the outdoors. The goal in growing indoors is to mimic the outdoors as much as you can trust me try this you wont be upset. :)

2. Hmmm...so your argument against 18/6 is that nowhere in the world does the plant get that much light. So instead we should give it two 5.5 hour nights in every 24 hour period plus an extra 1-hour day because that occurs where on earth?

You can't argue "it's bad because it's not natural" and then "here's something that's not natural but it's good" in the same breath...

3. No it's not, indoors you mimic ideal conditions which is obviously impossible outdoor (temps/rH/co2/lux/ventilation/growing method). You can only mitigate it outdoor by using a greenhouse.

4. Yes exactly what i am saying. Even with the 2 nights and the hour the plant is still only getting 13 hours but the hour in the middle makes the day seem longer it uses canabis's own genetics to its benefit except with 18 hours constant light the plant has very minimal rest time stress is higher = not so potent plants

5. Not hear to fight or anything this was advice take it or leave it ill be enjoying my very lovely pink kush i grew using this method if u want to pik my words appart go ahead but i still have awesome weed from this and i was only sharing go grow some weed instead of worrying about how i do take it or leave it

6. And the word natural was never used once dumbass stop putting words in my mouth

7. I want to put pictures up to show off the grow and shut u guys up but i cant figure out how to post pictures in threads can it be done? If so a little help?

8. The word? No. The idea? Absolutely:
    Now, as for the "dumbass", that kind of talk will get you thrown off of here. Nobody is making anything personal, you shouldn't either. We are here to discuss your point. I said that the logic you use to support your arguments is flawed, you respond with name-calling.

You want to turn the world on its head then you better expect people to challenge you to explain yourself. What you propose is interesting, but I certainly don't take it as a given. If you feel you have a valid point then be prepared to engage people in a discussion on it.

9. I've always thought the opposite. Do you recreate moonlight during the dark cycle too so that it's more natural?

10. #10 JimmyJackson, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    Agreed, I was interested in hearing your point before you started calling people names and disregarding the EDIT button. I would love to see some pictures though. Are you talking about autos or photoperiod plants?

Dude, you're missing out. I put these up above my light and got kick ass results!

[​IMG]

^^Don't do that^^

11. No autos at all grown from seed grown in this light cycle grew 6 plants 3-4 ozs off each plant flowered in about 9 weeks vegged until they were about 1.5 feet tall tied them down for the first 3 weeks got 4-6 main colas on each super cropped each node if someone could tell me how to post pics would be great aorry for the names but i didnt want to be picked appart either i was just saying hey try this it werks

12. Yeah but to convince everyone to switch from the standard 12/12 you need sufficient proof.

Add images with the image tags,

13. Are you saying that you flowered them using 12 hours on 1 hour off 12 hours on 1 hour off?

14. I cant post pics from my iphone have to wait till i go home

15. No 12 on 5.5 off 1 hour on 5.5 off repeat

16. [quote name='"Pittski"']Just finished a grow of 6 pink kush plants. It was the first time i used the 12-1 light cycle and let me say i am very impressed. Not only did i save a ton of money on power my plants grew stronger and healthier than ever being under 18-6 lighting. No where in the world gets 18 hours a day light consecutivetly so why would you use it in your grow room? Because it burns your bulbs quicker making you buy more bulbs makimg the company who makes the bulb more money, the power company makes alot more money because your high output lighys are always running, bottom line its a waste of money to grow on 18-6. Aswell your plants stress out wen in 18 hour light all the time, like i stated no where in the world gets that much light 13 hours a day is plenty to keep your plants happy and thriving. So for your next grow try this veg- 12 hours light on 5.5 hours off 1 hour on then 5.5 off the one hour in the middle tricks your plants to stay in veg while saving money and producing healthier plants then for flowering cut the lights to 11 hours on 13 hours off for 2 weeks and slowly cut back the hours your lights on so wen it is finished you should have 9 hours on 15 hours off this mimics the outdoors. The goal in growing indoors is to mimic the outdoors as much as you can trust me try this you wont be upset. :)[/quote]

Just because the plant was originally growing in nature doesn't mean those are the best conditions for it, it could of originally grown in a cave lol. People will argue about this for years.

17. Yes, listen to the guy who can't figure out how to post a picture.

18. Maybe thats what the 1 hour is for? What does everyone think about this technique?