Philips Ambient LED ~ GlassBox design bulbs + pics of my set~up

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TexRx, Apr 30, 2011.

1. #1 TexRx, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
    I found a great high~quality LED bulb today
    It has 800 Lumens from only 12.5 watts
    The one I bought lasts 25,000 hrs and has a temp of 2,700 Kelvin

I just added it to my non~cannabis grow set~up I have in my house

I think you lighting guys may want to use these. I'm very impressed. It looks odd but emits tons of light :)

Here's their web-site. [another safe link] Hands on with Philips’ New Ambient LED Spotlight

and here's a couple pics off the web of the one I got: Enjoy!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 TexRx, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
    Here's my set~up!! Enjoy! +rep me, because these work!! :)

^^^^^bump!

Also, BTW......... my set~up has a total of about 12,800 lumens. 6, T5 2,000 lumen 24" daylight tubes + the 800 lumen 2,700k LED. My lumens have, of course, dropped just a bit since I started growing with them

[​IMG]

3. one seems to wonder...would it of been easier/cheaper just to buy a 150w hps light?
    or hell even metal halide with cmh bulb...

each to their own i guess...

4. I don't think you see the light, here...........

I don't have to ventilate at ALL because I know what I'm doing

I'm smart like that

:)

5. Love it, looks like your lamp is suicidal :)

6. with regards to ventilation, I was under the impression ventilation was needed in order to replace the Co2 in the box so your plant will have fresh air to breath, also I have read a light breeze across your plants will strengthen them.

7. #7 TexRx, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
    This is not a cannabis grow set-up

^^^^^^ Ventilation is mainly used to control excessive heat issues. The benefit of freshly circulated air is really a bonus. And if you know to keep the air~flow from ground to ceiling, it becomes a tool..... too. A 500watt set~up for cannabis, which will have to be light sealed, can create MAJOR, MAJOR f'ing heat issues. A 10x12 ft bedroom can reach 100 degrees if you don't address the issue effectively

8. ^^^^^^ shameless bump!!!!!

:smoke:

9. Final double ~ bump!!!!

These LED's rock!!!!

10. Well the only thing that bothers me is that LED's only emit light in a small part of the spectrum, and that is really what is important to the plants is the correct amounts of each part of the spectrum it's getting. That is why the higher end LED grow lights have a combination of different red's and blue's and not white.

Now this is not for a mj set-up, but it still begs the question, how much of the light that LED is emitting is really being used by your plant? CFL's are popular because of the pretty full spectrum they emit.

11. #11 Freshfed, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Should be 100% As LEDs emit specific wavelengths not a spectrum

12. haha not to mention that plants need fresh at a minimum of every 15mins to allow the stomata to open and allow respiration to effectively occur, i mean its only responsible for an 80% increase in growth when you have it... but yeah, its mainly to remove heat :rolleyes:

if heats an issue, get a cooltube... running 2x600w in an area roughly 7ftx4ft with no temp problems. sorry but that white light led is a waste of time for our purposes... the wavelength emitted is not efficient at all... better of with a 150w envirolight, much better.

peace!:smoke:

13. ^^^^^ This is very true. Usually LED's emit lower freq's. I use the 27ook LED here only as supplemental lighting to my Fluoro set~up

My LED is 27ooK and the 6 fluoro tubes are all dylight temps like 64ooK & 65ooK

For the 12.5 watts I'm getting 800 lumens. That really great for an LED

::)