357 magnum led vs 1000hps

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by kingirv, Mar 29, 2011.

1. First time grower
    cant make up my mind on wether to go led or hps
    im in florida so safety is important
    so i am leaning towards a mixture of a bunch of t5s with the led
    i really just wanna make enough to do it again i dont wanna be greedy
    what do u guys think of this led?

357 Magnum LED Grow Light

for 700 it seems like a pretty good deal
    but i am open to any other led around same price range.

2. #2 thesage3, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011

seems like some marketing ploy. I use two kessil 150s and like them cause there independent and use a 35w cluster and you can get them for around $214 a piece at Greners.com - Discount Garden Supplies. Hydroponics, Grow Tents, Grow Lights. - Greners.com the 357 has the output of a 600 watt the price is not bad but not great either. kessil is coming out with some new light april 1st called spectral halo but thats all the info on it right now. it may not even be for growing butthey sure are secretive about it. check it out Kessil Lighting- The Spectral Revolution .also was looking at LED Grow Lights - Best New LED Grow Light before I found kessil.

3. the greeners.com site doesnt seem right is there another link?
    thanks for ur input

4. there fix it sorry

5. I've never seen these kind of lights. I swear everyday I find somthin new smh
    How the results come out with theses lights. And what color did u use?

6. I used the purple its suppose to take the plant thru to the end. in veg I couldn't believe my eyes they love the spectrum 4 in growth aday. in flowering thou I haven't had a chance to run them by themselves cause I only have 2 and my rooms would need a min of 4 so I used the 2 as supplement to my 1000hps and was equally impressed. the thing I liked was they are small and you could literally stack them close together or in any arrangement where as the other leds out there are flat panels and can't be stacked. you can buy these $25 flex mount for them. or a rotary thing the possibility's are almost endless. they just need to come down in price a bit. I was gonna switch completely to kessil and was quoted $4,000 something just to much but I still likem

7. I'm tryna run straight led thou. Ur using them with the hps. Any other led that I can use just the led alone start to finish

8. That's a superr expensive freaking light.

9. you can run the kessil's purple start to finish I didn't cause of the size of my room I would need a lot of kessils just to cover the space. and unfortunatly you'll run into that problem with most leds they just can't match the output of hps, they make nice nugs just the penetration sucks. if your going small and stealth go led.

10. 1000w wins that fight everytime. LED lights for growing is just too new too compete.. give it 5 years

11. i checked out ur grow maf real nice u got me thinking about gettin a light mover.
    what do u think of the 357 magnum maf? u think itd work good with a light mover?
    the 357 magnum is only like two hundred more not even. with double the watts
    thanks for u input

12. Also maf how u like that light mover? Is it loud at all?

13. that light looks nice i don't know about switching some colors off for veg or flower. seems like you'd use em all. i bet the light works. the light mover is very quiet, with silicone even quieter. Light Track System - Advanced LED Grow Lights 2.75 watt motor

14. That LED panel sounds fishy... For 7 bills, you could buy a shit load of T5s... That's what I'd do...

-Loki

15. i'm not sure about the epistar diodes. i know advanced uses cree. and bridgelux

16. loki says they lie

17. #18 Loki7, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011

I said they sound fishy... They don't say which wave lengths are in their 11, so I can't say they're lying... but I do suspect it... I know Bridelux has a 720nm LED... I'd love to know where they're getting their 3watt 380nm, 740nm and 760nm LEDs...

Also, saying it has 357 watts of growing power, but actually uses 180 watts... is just retarded. Looks like their selling points are mostly bullshit... Trade marked instead of patented and no descriptions... No links to their "studies"...

Buyer beware...

-Loki

18. the one he's looking at says they have epistar and bridgelux i dont get the watt thing either

19. i heard bridgelux is just as good as cree but half the prices
    i still think this led is worth a try
    im more worried about ordering it and then never gettin anything in the mail
    and losing my $
    somebody has to give it a try