Downfalls of Vegging with HPS

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MiZZuRKeD, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Could anyone give me any reasons I shouldn't veg with HPS?

2. Great question man. I plan to veg my plants with a 400watt and was wondering the same thing. Iv'e read that it is totally fine just add afew 6500k CFL's. Eager to see some more experienced growers take on the subject.

3. You gotta figure its probably better than the T12/CFL combo I've got going on. What would be better vegging with 10,000 Lumen T5 or the 150 HPS 16,000 Lumen Sun Sytem? I heard its perfect for two plants.

4. I know all that, but that's not what I asked. I'm pretty much asking if 150 HPS Vegging is better than 80w Flouro.

5. Even if it's not the ideal spectrum 150W hps will put out a lot more light than 80W fluoro...so yes I would say it's better.

I just started a seed and am on day 5 with a 68W 2700K CFL....one of the HTG 150W HPS systems should be here on the 22nd and I plan to veg with that along with a couple supplemental 6500K cfls along with the 2700K i have already.

6. I just set up my HPS system.. looks awesome :cool:

Somehow I managed to get a Sun Sytem 150 and a FloraLux 150 even though I only ordered the Sun System. Lucky me :eek: