Auto Flower lighting (kelvins) 6500 -vs- 2700 CFL

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by fm1776, Oct 22, 2010.

1. I will start a grow soon and was wondering about using 6500 or 2700 for auto flowering lowryders. Since the plants life cycle is only around 9 to 10 weeks from seed to harvest do I need to waste time using 6500 bright light cfl. Sould I just use the 2700 soft white cfl from beginning to end? Or would it be ok to just go 6500 for entire life cycle?

Is there anyone who has tested this using CFLs with like a one bulb 200 watt (actual)?

Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

NOTE: As there are already plenty of threads discusing Wattage and Lumuns. I was hoping we can assume that the wattage and lumens are perfect. So please stick strictly to the KELVIN's. This would be most helpful, thank you in advance.

2. I personally would suggest using both. CFl's aren't very expensive. The plants tend to resist stretching under the blue (6500k) lights. That being said the buds grow better under the red (2700k) lights.

But to be honest it is really your decision. There are people who flower under MH bulbs and still have great results. You could also look into maybe doing a mixed spectrum grow.

Hope this helps:wave:

3. what i would do is run the 6500k for like 1-2 weeks until u notice it flowering and then switch