What Ballast - Lumatek or Quantum

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by YuckFou, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Both seem to be very nice, with the Lumatek you are capable or running MH, or HPS.
    With the Quantum though, it has a light dimmer switch, capable of lowering the power of the light, a nice feature i think, your thoughts?

2. I just bought a Lumatek yesterday and it does both MH/HPS and is dimmable. The settings on mine are 60%, 80% & 100%. I bought it at a hydro shop that used it for a hydroponice display set up for 3 months and I paid $175.00 for it and they still had the original box

3. Nice deal! Which one did you get?

4. Not sure, lol. The Sticker pealed off and the guy at the hydro shop had it advertised as a Lumatek 1000 watt dimable digital ballast used for 3 months and what I thought was the original box was a box for a 600 watt Lumatek. Starting to question if the guy was being totaly honest on the brand. Tried looking up some pics of Lumatek 1000 wattt dimable ballast and didnt see any like this one yet and where the sticker was that pealed off is on the top nit the side like others I have seen.

Attached Files:

5. #5 wesside, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    if thats a lumatek thats an old one bro. lumateks are purple, and 1000w ballasts are pretty big. prob a little smaller than a shoe box. but as long as it works thats still a great price. I bought a brand new 600w for $179 on ebay brand new and you can barley find those under $250 anywhere.

6. Yeah thats a good deal for a 600W! I have never seen a green one like that lol. These guys have the 600W for 179 brand new also:

Lumatek 600W 120/240v HPS/MH E-Ballast

Not too shabby! I shop with these folks a lot.