My new 300W LED Grow Light...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by edgeman, Nov 28, 2013.

1. #61 edgeman, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    So far I love it.  It has 11 bands and 2 fans.  You can pm me.  I think the actual draw is around 200w.  I think I paid around $350 last summer.  I also bought a 150w model for clones/mothers in a smaller tent.

2. I heard that penetrator pro 345 is awesome and has won 4 years in a row a best led on the market test. And someone said that californian solarflare and solarstorm are the best and newest led technology. With 5w leds. But i think a 5w led has too much heat and their lenses direct leafburns because of the lenses are too concentrated on narrow lightbeam. And some say the more a led chip usea of w the shorter life they have.. are u englisj or american and could u check for me if possible what type of leds i can get that ia the best . Two or 4 panels to max 2000dollars total and i want a led for both veg and bloom so i dont need to change em.. and i have also education in electronics so i wonder if u know where to buy a diy ledpanel with the components i want.. ??? All help will be appreciated i can even send u one of my chinese 240 w 6bands with 3w led for free except the cost of sending... kind regards alex from norway. If u want more contact with me u find me on fb as alexander hexa carlsen and im fbfriends with immortal technique. Vinnie paz reef the lost cause rza and many other known hip hop artists that im about to make albms with. I dont know if u have hears of them but it is quite famous underground artists.. peace

3. How can i send u pm?

4. Day 58 from seed.  Spreading the growth under the scrog, is it time to switch to 12/12?  As this is my first grow and the ladies are suppose to grow 2-3 times in the flowering stage, I think I should flower or I may have a room problem.  I am running 1-45 sec sprayer on, 5 -45 sec off sprayer cycle.  I keep my water at 65 degrees.  I'm running AN Sensi A + B and phasing in Dyna-Gro Bloom.  My tds is 480 ppm as every time I try to push the nutes about 500 I get nute burn curling and discoloration of the leaves.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Yeah just go for it 12/12 now and your ladies will spread out very well. The first 3weeks of bloom they will grow like crazy much more than upuntil now. So if u have little room left just go for it. They will probably be large. Exciting to follow you up on this grow. Good luck

6. Do u have any AN big bud,bud candy or b52 to add as they bloom? My mate has ordered those, i have tried alot of AN nutes and are very satisfied with them. The big bud and the overdrive (pk booster) are great.

7. I will check them out, thanks lightworker.

8. #69 edgeman, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    An explosion of growth since flowering. This is Day 3 of flowering after spending 59 days vegging. The ladies are drinking a gallon and a half of water a day and consuming nutes. On day 2 - I increased my nutes from 500 to 600 in the morning. At night my tds dropped to 550 ppm so I added more Dyna-Grow Bloom to 730. I will stay there until she backs offs the tds ppm to 670 or so to tell me that she wants more.
    <b>[​IMG]

[​IMG]</b>

Here are the roots. The skinny one on the left forefront is a cherry tomato plant.
    [​IMG]

9. Nice. It is exiting to watch the progress.

10. The ladies are really taking up some nutes today.  It was 730 ppm this morning and now tonight the tds reading backed off to 645 ppm.  It was never like this in vegging mode when I couldn't get my nutes above 500 ppm without nute burn.  That was with Sensi A + B.  Now with Dyna-Grow Bloom in flower mode they are drinking up a storm.  They are loving the Dyna-Grow Bloom, so I added more tonight looking to get to 800 ppm.

11. I raised the water level 3 inches so the ladies can drink from the magic elixir better. I'm still using the sprayers because they agitate the surface so well, 1 on 4 off 45 sec cycles. 

12. looks freaking sweet so far man...fellow newb on his first grow here. growing with 2 120w teslers. looking to grab another light to boost the flowering of my girls. was wondering how satisfied you are with your light so far? would you recommend it? good bang for the buck? 

13. Man this grow has me wanting to switch to led and hydro, Top notch grow you have going on. :D

Now I just need to spend $2000 on new lights damn it.:)

14. The led he bought was only 369$ well in your budget :) Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Im running 2 1,000w HM HPS but will have to go outdoors for summer unless I go with a cooler running lights.

16. i did a lot of reading for a few months absorbing the issues before I started growing.  I was enamored with see more buds aeroponics grow method and rotating a perpetual grow.  I didn't want to mess with soil, freakin' heat and duct issues, and high electric bills so aeroponic sprayers with LEDs was the only way I wanted to go.  So far, so good, I love this light.  I initially bought the 300W Advanced Platinum LED from AdvancedLEDgrow.com.  It has the right foootprint for my Lighthouse Hydro 2'x4'x5' tent.  It has 2 switches, one for vegging and one for blooming.  They recommend using both switches for full spectrum midway through the vegging cycle.  For $370 it works in my budget.  I liked it so much that I also bought their 150W LED for $215 for seedling/cloning 30"x18"x36" tent .  They gave me a 10% discount on my 2nd LED light when I asked as a returning customer.  You can PM me if you want more info.  My scrog is 9" high but it's growing so fast that next time I may cut it down to 8" as the growth is explosive now and I still have 7-8 weeks of blooming to go through, haha!

17. where are the updates?? i wanna see pics of the babes flowering. just flipped my girls today :) growing some monsters... biggest one is 4 ft tall.

18. #79 edgeman, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Day 10 of flowering.  Seeing rapid growth that is engulfing my scrog.  Ladies are taking up water and nutes.  In flowering the plants are uptaking nutes more rapidly than vegging.  I increase strength in stages each time they consume, from 500 to 600, back to 550, increased to 730 backed to 640, up to 750, backed to 575, pushed to 770, backed to 730.  Currently at 835 ppm, pH ranging from 5.7 to 5.4 when I add Dyna-Gro Bloom.  When do the plants slow their rapid growth and start focusing on flowering buds?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Great work on your ladies. Seems like aeroponic is a great method. Was the setup expensive? Are u using your other led? If not it would help to add it too beside the 300 imo. Anyway very exciting too watch your updates. What did u pay for the ec meter that makes u check how much nutes they can take? I think they charge about 4000kroner in norway for that and thats about 550-700 us dollars .