BREAKING NEWS: New Massachusetts Poll

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Samuel Caldwell, Dec 12, 2011.

1. *Fifty-eight percent (58%) support legalizing marijuana and regulating it in the same manner as other agricultural commodities...

*Sixty-two percent (62%) are more likely to support legalization if the proposed law would regulate the cultivation and sale of marijuana to adults and tax it in the same manner as the state currently regulates alcohol...

*Fifty-four percent (54%) oppose the federal government disregarding state law in states legalizing marijuana...

More information: Marijuana Law Refom Marching On: Legalization Highly Favored In New Massachusetts Poll | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

More information: MassCann/NORML's First professional poll in Massachusetts is completed

Shout out to MASSCANN the marijuana organization that has been making law reform happen for the past 22 years. They are also the ones that hold the Boston Freedom Rally every September on the 3rd Saturday in the Boston Common.

Show some love to Masscann! https://www.facebook.com/masscann

2. mass wont make it medical because they make more money from the fine's a 100 bucks for first time and they go up the more you get busted

3. grassachusettes! aw yea, sucks im in NH and our governor said he would pretty much veto anything dealing with marijuana that comes across his desk.

and cigarettes be going up soon to...fml im sick of the government taxing shit that people get addicted to. why not tax chocolate or something...

4. Im in mass and Im happy to see those numbers.It just sucks the cost of living sucks here,atleast on the coast near the NH state line lol

5. will legalization be on the 2012 ballot?

6. great. Its good to see this, when it seems we are taking steps backward in legalizing.

7. Ive started to feel that way too. It seems like the goverment sat down and went "oh shit, its getting huge again... and they're pissed... and not afraid of us...". But Im not too worried tho. When the younger generations get into office im sure it will be legalized.

8. thats how i feel aswell. Being 23, you cant find many people my age against weed.... i grew up with the DARE scare into all of us from 1st grade up to 8th... the tides have definitly changed but our government is shitty as it has ever been

9. Haha yeah and they still stand by that DARE attitude. Its (i guess surprising) that our government can actually brainwash our fellow Americans. I mean Ive TRIED to explain it and show research yada yada to my parents and others during that era. They WILL NOT buy it lol no matter what proof you give them. Im 20 and yeah there is almost no-one in our age group that is against it really. Ignorance is a sad thing = \ All we need is time haha

10. No so far it's cali, oregon, washington, colorado, and missouri. I might be leaving 1 out not sure...

11. Yeah, from what i've read, only medical is planned to be on the 2012 ballot for MA, but you never know. (Or do you? I don't know how things like this get on the ballot and if the deadline for it already happened, lol)

12. They will vote for legalization in all those states in 2012?
    I'll be shocked to death in any of those pass, They will just twist the polls so it don't pass...Probably like they did with cali last year.

If cali didn't pass i don't see any passing.

13. If we lived in a true democracy, we'd already have legalized MJ. I'm hellah happy to see that there's yet another poll in favor. Just imagine what the numbers would be if we didn't all grow up being brainwashed into thinking it's some devil drug and associating it with "pothead losers."

14. I want to see an unbiased, nationwide poll of millions of people. That would be hard for any authority to refute. Right now they just say "that's just 1000 people," or "that's just 600 people," showing that they never took a statistics class to understand margin of error.

15. This poll had nothing to do with medical marijuana.

If you want to know more about H. 626/S. 1161(Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Act) and the 2012 Ballot Initiative goto:
    Massachusetts Patient Advocacy Alliance

No, that deadline is long gone.
    The first deadline for getting a ballot initiative started was in July/August 2011. Then the initial group of signatures were just due(Nov/Dec 2011).
    If the legislature doesn't pass it(either ignores it or votes it down), then the petitioners must submit more signatures come early July 2012.

They will vote for legalization in all those states in 2012?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, no marijuana (medical or recreational) initiative has been approved to be on any state ballot in 2012(it's way to early to know definitively, wait until Summer 2012).
    Those states are however in the process of collecting signatures.

Here's a list of certified 2012 state ballot initiatives(ALL, not just marijuana related):
    2012 ballot measures - Ballotpedia

Here's a list that will potentially be updated with 2012 certified marijuana initiatives:
    Category:Certified, marijuana, 2012 - Ballotpedia
    (There is currently one from Montana, but it has to do with modifying medical marijuana, not legalizing recreational marijuana)

Here's a list of everyone trying for 2012, but just not there yet:
    Category:Marijuana, 2012 - Ballotpedia

I remember hearing awhile back that marijuana legalization would not be pushed in 2012 because of a single issue law(in 2008 decrim was passed through ballot initiative), and that "issue" may not be raised again until after 2012.