White House Marijuana Legalization Petition

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by GM-2X, Sep 22, 2011.

1. I think we crashed the server

2. I think your right lol

3. All dissenters will be tracked...

I can't get on the site.

4. The site is just overloaded with traffic (people signing the petition), this is the 1st day of the petition so the amount of people signing it will be large.

This is a good sign.

In the meantime, make an account and try the site throughout the day (possibly evening) there are gonna be many activists signing.

I already saw people talking about signing it on facebook.

Spread the word. Gain exposure for the marijuana legalization cause.

5. Signed. Make sure to post this in any marijuana forums you may be a part of. This is one of only 2 petitions up right now and it already has close to 800 signatures at the time of this posting. Keep it going!!!

6. Still can't get on the site. Dang.

So... What happens after 5k signatures? There's some variety of meeting?

7. The petition's completion of signatures brings marijuana legalization to the forefront of political attention, coverage, etc.

It lets politicians know that if they wish to stay in office they must legalize marijuana, or there will be politicians who will legalize marijuana waiting to take their place.

It also multiplies the number of political introduction of marijuana legalization into action. Politicians who are in office will realize the benefits presented to the government and the tax-paying citizens of America, thereby making sure they vote yes on all marijuana legalization bills of the future, most currently the federal marijuana legalization bill of 2012.

8. Hmm. A small victory, I suppose. Candidates can lie (obama), and people are still ignorant. Giving it more political attention doesn't necessarily give it hope. The republicans are coming, and a lot of them won't even vote for gay marriage, why should they vote in favor of those damn kids and their drugs?

I'll still sign. Just being a pessimist.

9. it's working again and up to 1188 sigs already.

10. Signed,,,also signed other petition in other thread so they are not limiting us to just one.

11. #13 Lost in the 60s, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
    Can't get on the site right now. Will be checking back frequently though

Edit: Signed

12. Signed.

I think it will reach 5,000 by next week....lol

13. Signed. Come on everyone. Share this on facebook, myspace, email, etc.!

14. It is already at 4600+,,,will be filled by 18:00 tonite

15. #17 Snugglebandit, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    Already 5000...good job guys, only took a couple of hours lol!!

16. Nice job everyone, keep sharing this!

17. #19 oltex, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    We the People Want to End Marijuana Prohibition
    September 22nd, 2011 By: Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Coordinator

[​IMG]

Today, the White House launched its new, long-awaited website “We the People.” The administration describes the site as a “tool [that] provides you with a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country.”

The White House further promises, “If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.” The White House has set this threshold at 5,000 signatures within 30 days.

Demand the Obama administration defend their support for marijuana prohibition. If they can not, then why do they continue to endorse this failed public policy?

Below is the petition NORML has submitted for consideration:
    We Petition the Obama Administration to:
    Legalize and Regulate Marijuana in a Manner Similar to Alcohol.

We the people want to know when we can have our “perfectly legitimate” discussion on marijuana legalization. Marijuana prohibition has resulted in the arrest of over 20 million Americans since 1965, countless lives ruined and hundreds of billions of tax dollars squandered and yet this policy has still failed to achieve its stated goals of lowering use rates, limiting the drug’s access, and creating safer communities.

Isn’t it time to legalize and regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol? If not, please explain why you feel that the continued criminalization of cannabis will achieve the results in the future that it has never achieved in the past?

[​IMG] Sign. Share. Legalize.

(NOTE: The White House has been experiencing technical difficulties with their website, please be patient and allow the petition time to load, if you receive an error message retry later)

UPDATE:
    The media is beginning to notice: Daily Caller – “Weed Legalization and Animal Spay/Neuter Top WH Petitions”

ALREADY FILLED :hello: :hello: :hello: Keep signing,,5k is the minimum,,no maximum given

18. I just hope when it gets 5000 votes they don't just delete it, the DEA has deleted many petitions before :(

I signed it.