Members of Congress Introduce 3 New Medical Marijuana Reform Bills

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Citadel, May 26, 2011.

1. Members Of Congress Introduce Multiple Medical Marijuana Reform Bills | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

Basically the first bill, "Small Business Tax Equity Act" would allow dispensaries to utilize the same business expense deductions in their tax returns, like every other legal business.

The Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act would grant immunity to federal prosecution when compliant with state medical marijuana laws. In the bill it also calls for the rescheduling of marijuana on the Controlled Substances Act to something other than Schedules I or II.

The third, Small Business Banking Improve Act, would grant medical marijuana business access to banking services.

Lets hope all three, or even one of these makes it on to the floor

2. I doubt any will pass, it's too risky with reelections in a year, but every bill is a step forward!

3. Thanks for the update. I'll be writing my congressman.

4. Being an accountant, I'm subscribed to this newsletter. I received an email today, and they were covering this bills! This makes me optimistic. Please, EVERYONE, this is a federal issue. There is no excuse not to write your rep in Congress.

5. Tomorrow, by 12 oclock, I will have emailed, called and bugged my senators and congressmen in TN untill I hear what they have to say about these. But Lamar and Corker(my senators) are facist when it comes to dried plant matter and peoples privacy.