What the HELL do we do???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Tincup74, May 20, 2011.

1. We have science, public support, alot of media... did I mention SCIENCE, and numerous studies over how the drug war causes more harm than good.

I am sooo sick of seeing all the raiding and letters from fed attorneys going out these days. All the fucking politicians that speak out of their ass thinking they know what they are talking about. It is all just a huge pile of BULLSHIT.

I cannot help but think that when all this is said and done and the world sees the TRUTH about our favorite plant they will feel stupid... XPECIALLY the damn politicians that refuse to grow a damn spine.

I am sick of how our damn elected officials are acting. this whole thing has turned into a pissing match between politicians with extremely sick dying people caught in the middle.

So I ask again. WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO. Everything is on our side XCEPT our government. They are wrong and they fucking know it. but when you been preaching something for so long they just might look like fucking idiots when they come out and say.. well maybe we was wrong.. try COMPLETELY FUCKING WRONG idiots.

With all the shit that is on our side (science, studies, public support, media) how can this not be a simple freaking issue. It is point blank. Hell a fucking 2 yr old could figure this out, so why cant mature (supposedly), educated, level headed politicians figure it out.

FIRE EM ALL (XCEPT RON PAUL)

They need to remember (politicians that is)
    --- who elected them
    --- what we want
    --- who they work for (US)
    --- they need to find there damn common sense also!!!!!

-:-:- Rant over -:-:- :hello:
    :wave::wave::wave::wave::smoke::smoke::smoke::wave::wave:

2. It comes down to this

If they legalize Marijuana, people that rely on pharmaceuticals will be able to grow their own medicine.

Don't you know that Big Pharma depends on sick people to make profit?

3. I feel you man.

It pisses me off that our government has successfully brainwashed the fucking idiots in our country into supporting this prohibition.

They continue to further strip our civil liberties and most people are completely oblivious to it all.

Fucking ridiculous.

4. #4 chadddd, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    Haha youre looking at it the wrong way! They dont care and never will.

all of our politicians are controlled by corporations and banks.

1 out of every 15 people work for the government now. The government is a huge churning war machine. Private prisons make money off of prisoners now. We spend trillions on our military. The corporations get huge tax breaks, credits, subsides, etc....

This country has been taken over. It is no longer for the people by the people. It is for profit and interests only.

The general population has been turned into wage slaves. Trying to keep up with their debt of rent/mortgages, car payments/gas/insurance, credit cards, and phone/internet/tv bills...

5. The US government isn't for the greater good of the people anymore, but for themselves.

It won't get legalized here.

Alcohol, tobacco, and dangerous pharmaceuticals are here for population control.

6. Ehh...it will be legalized, it's still a ways off though IMO. Our corrupt government likes to make things difficult but they still like to pretend that they are a little Democratic still. So it will happen but it will probably be a bit before that generation of politicians dies out

7. Yes money is the damn problem here. Ever heard the saying you cannot put a price on life. Well it looks like a government can do exactly that.

And whoever said Pharmaceuticals up above is right also.. Big Pharma is one of the largest industries in the world. #5 on a list i just looked at.. but they also are one of the largest if not the largest lobbying grp in the USA.. go figure... :(

Just look at who some of the opposition against prop 19 was... TOBACCO and ALCOHOL groups. Bud gets legal their profits go down. Not to mention both of them substances are worse for you than our great plant. Some others against it was the damn growers and sellers... STINGY ASS IDIOTS... im sorry. Ive heard the arguments for both sides and it boils down to ... wait... MONEY....

So how much is that sick dying person worth??? 10 ... 20... ???

sad sad... Ya know even with all the negatives.... I still feel we are at a tipping point right now. Which way this debate tips will be HUGE... We cannot loose all our forward steps now... FIGHT PEOPLE FIGHT... I live in small town america... Work in a professional setting, well respected in the community... I am your typical hard working american that takes care of his family... and i smoke every night... I get caught i go to jail... how the hell does that benefit anyone... anyone at all... all it does is cause harm to me.. my community.. my family.. between the tax money to lock me up and the time and effort put into the arrest.. everyone looses...

It is like we are stuck between a rock and a hard place... fucked either way... all i can say is everyone hold on.. its gonna be bumpy, but dammit keep fighting... one day... we will win... I do not see the gov being able to maintain the status quo much longer... something has to give... lets hope it gives in our favor so we dont have to start over.

peace out

8. you took the words out of my mouth

9. yea i know its crazy!! when da fuk do u see pple crashing their cars, running red lights, swerving on and off the road, not walking str8, killing pple, having rages, slurring there words, throwing up when they had to much when they are fucking high??? its funny how this piece of SHIT government we have will continue to keep liquor legal.... knowing all the fuckin dangers and side-effects of it, but when it comes to bud,"OH u can overdoes, Oh it'll kill you, OH it'll make you dumb,OH it's worse than beer, OH it'll make u do things u dont want to do, OH it'll make u forget things"! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LOOK AT THE FUCKING FACTS U STUPID FUCKING PRICKS!!!

10. We need fucking riots, We need to let the govnt know how pissed off the americans actually are. If there were a riot for marijuana, that riot would be the biggest gott damned riot America has ever seen.

11. its fucking great to see the passion you have for the bud...i feel the same way and can't stand that alcohol and tobacco are used so widely...its those same alcoholic assholes who keep this fine herb from us.

PUFFER

12. #12 Tincup74, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011

Very well said :)

It will get to the point where the whole "Movement" is pissed. Shit... We try and do things the right way and we get shitted on. There is more than on way to skin a cat. And no I dont skin cats....lmao... figure of speech.

Peace

13. Look at my "Edit" Time on the previous post... thats gotta be a sign..lol

14. The politicians still need us...

---> To convict. ;)

In other words, be aware of your RIGHT to JURY NULLIFICATION.

It is very clear the politicians are very beholden to the money the corporations give them. Alcohol prohibition did not end because the politicians came to their senses-

it was because the courts could no longer seat juries to convict on alcohol charges.

15. The answer to why it's not happening is simple; Politicians (as all other human beings) will always be driven on self interest at some level, no matter their position in society.

16. What we have to do is make it more of an issue than it already is.

Whenever marijuana is brought up in any respectable debate or conversation it is immediately not given the same weight as other issues. It is seen as a fringe issue, or a comical one proposed by a small group of drug addicted Americans. Just look back at the way Obama handled the marijuana question in his online town hall questions. He just laughed it off, and so did everybody else in the room.

I'm not really a violent person and don't condone violence, but we've been fighting this war for almost 40 years. We need to find a way to show them that we are serious about this and will not tolerate being treated like we don't exist and don't matter, just because we choose to consume a different recreational drug than that of the ruling class.

They've been calling this the "War On Drugs" the whole time, but I think it is about time we started treating it like a war as well.

If they want a War we will give them a War.

17. I was thinking along those lines the other day and finally came to the conclusion that the reason people choose violence is that it generates an immediate response. The article below is a good example of why people are frustrated with this shit and why, at some point, someone is going to finally lose it and go after these people.

Medical Marijuana Advocates Sue Federal Government over Rescheduling Delay
    Writ filed today in DC Circuit Court for unreasonable delay in answering 9-year-old petition
    WASHINGTON - May 23 - A Coalition of advocacy groups and patients filed suit in the DC Circuit Court today to compel the Obama administration to answer a 9-year-old petition to reclassify medical marijuana. The Coalition for Rescheduling Cannabis (CRC) has never received an answer to its 2002 petition, despite a formal recommendation in 2006 from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the final arbiter in the rescheduling process. As recently as July 2010, the DEA issued a 54-page "Position on Marijuana," but failed to even mention the pending CRC petition. Plaintiffs in the case include the CRC, Americans for Safe Access (ASA), Patients Out of Time, as well as individually named patients, one of whom is listed on the CRC petition but died in 2005.

"The federal government's strategy has been delay, delay, delay," said Joe Elford, Chief Counsel of ASA and lead counsel on the writ. "It is far past time for the government to answer our rescheduling petition, but unfortunately we've been forced to go to court in order to get resolution." The writ of mandamus filed today accuses the government of unreasonable delay in violation of the Administrative Procedures Act. A previous cannabis (marijuana) rescheduling petition filed in 1972 went unanswered for 22 years before being denied.

The writ argues that cannabis is not a dangerous drug and that ample evidence of its therapeutic value exists based on scientific studies in the US and around the world. "Despite numerous peer-reviewed scientific studies establishing that marijuana is effective" in treating numerous medical conditions, the government "continues to deprive seriously ill persons of this needed, and often life-saving therapy by maintaining marijuana as a Schedule I substance." The writ calls out the government for unlawfully failing to answer the petition despite an Inter-Agency Advisory issued by the Food and Drug Administration in 2006 and "almost five years after receiving a 41-page memorandum from HHS stating its scientific evaluation and recommendations."

The two largest physician groups in the country -- the American Medical Association and the American College of Physicians -- have both called on the federal government to review marijuana's status as a Schedule I substance with no accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. The National Cancer Institute, a part of the National Institutes of Health, added cannabis to its website earlier this year as a Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) and recognized that, "Cannabis has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years prior to its current status as an illegal substance."

Medical marijuana has now been decriminalized in 16 states and the District of Columbia, and has an 80% approval rating among Americans according to several polls. In a 1988 ruling on a prior rescheduling petition, the DEA's own Administrative Law Judge Francis Young recommended in favor of reclassification stating that, "Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest
    therapeutically active substances known to man."

A formal rejection of the CRC petition would enable the group to challenge in court the government's assertion that marijuana has no medical value. "Adhering to outdated public policy that ignores science has created a war zone for doctors and their patients who are seeking use cannabis therapeutics," said Steph Sherer, Executive Director of ASA and a plaintiff in the writ. Jon Gettman, who filed the rescheduling petition on behalf of the CRC added that, "The Obama Administration's refusal to act on this petition is an irresponsible stalling tactic."

A synthetic form of THC, the main chemical ingredient in the cannabis plant, is currently classified Schedule III for its use in a prescribed pill trademarked as Marinol®. The pill goes off-patent this year and companies vying to sell generic versions are petitioning the government to also reclassify the more economical, naturally-derived THC (from the plant) to Schedule III. The rescheduling process involves federal agencies such as the National Institute on Drug Abuse, HHS, and DEA. On average, it takes 6 months from HHS review to final action, whereas it's been nearly 5 years since HHS issued its recommendation on the CRC petition, more than twice as long as any other rescheduling petition reviewed since 2002.

Writ filed today in DC Circuit Court for unreasonable delay in answering 9-year-old petition
    WASHINGTON - May 23 - A Coalition of advocacy groups and patients filed suit in the DC Circuit Court today to compel the Obama administration to answer a 9-year-old petition to reclassify medical marijuana. The Coalition for Rescheduling Cannabis (CRC) has never received an answer to its 2002 petition, despite a formal recommendation in 2006 from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the final arbiter in the rescheduling process. As recently as July 2010, the DEA issued a 54-page "Position on Marijuana," but failed to even mention the pending CRC petition. Plaintiffs in the case include the CRC, Americans for Safe Access (ASA), Patients Out of Time, as well as individually named patients, one of whom is listed on the CRC petition but died in 2005.

"The federal government's strategy has been delay, delay, delay," said Joe Elford, Chief Counsel of ASA and lead counsel on the writ. "It is far past time for the government to answer our rescheduling petition, but unfortunately we've been forced to go to court in order to get resolution." The writ of mandamus filed today accuses the government of unreasonable delay in violation of the Administrative Procedures Act. A previous cannabis (marijuana) rescheduling petition filed in 1972 went unanswered for 22 years before being denied.

The writ argues that cannabis is not a dangerous drug and that ample evidence of its therapeutic value exists based on scientific studies in the US and around the world. "Despite numerous peer-reviewed scientific studies establishing that marijuana is effective" in treating numerous medical conditions, the government "continues to deprive seriously ill persons of this needed, and often life-saving therapy by maintaining marijuana as a Schedule I substance." The writ calls out the government for unlawfully failing to answer the petition despite an Inter-Agency Advisory issued by the Food and Drug Administration in 2006 and "almost five years after receiving a 41-page memorandum from HHS stating its scientific evaluation and recommendations."

The two largest physician groups in the country -- the American Medical Association and the American College of Physicians -- have both called on the federal government to review marijuana's status as a Schedule I substance with no accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. The National Cancer Institute, a part of the National Institutes of Health, added cannabis to its website earlier this year as a Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) and recognized that, "Cannabis has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years prior to its current status as an illegal substance."

Medical marijuana has now been decriminalized in 16 states and the District of Columbia, and has an 80% approval rating among Americans according to several polls. In a 1988 ruling on a prior rescheduling petition, the DEA's own Administrative Law Judge Francis Young recommended in favor of reclassification stating that, "Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest

A formal rejection of the CRC petition would enable the group to challenge in court the government's assertion that marijuana has no medical value. "Adhering to outdated public policy that ignores science has created a war zone for doctors and their patients who are seeking use cannabis therapeutics," said Steph Sherer, Executive Director of ASA and a plaintiff in the writ. Jon Gettman, who filed the rescheduling petition on behalf of the CRC added that, "The Obama Administration's refusal to act on this petition is an irresponsible stalling tactic."

A synthetic form of THC, the main chemical ingredient in the cannabis plant, is currently classified Schedule III for its use in a prescribed pill trademarked as Marinol®. The pill goes off-patent this year and companies vying to sell generic versions are petitioning the government to also reclassify the more economical, naturally-derived THC (from the plant) to Schedule III. The rescheduling process involves federal agencies such as the National Institute on Drug Abuse, HHS, and DEA. On average, it takes 6 months from HHS review to final action, whereas it's been nearly 5 years since HHS issued its recommendation on the CRC petition, more than twice as long as any other rescheduling petition reviewed since 2002.

18. How about the fact the US government in 2001 applied for, and was granted in 2003, a PATENT for CBD as medicine? What more compelling evidence is needed? It also shows how blatantly the government has lied all along about the medical applications of cannabis. Curious in how April 2010 CBD was covertly removed from the CSA Schedule I, clearing the way for the corporate keepers of government to develop this medicine. Why do you think the states that ARE allowing new medical laws are insisting that the government provide the medicine? So they can laugh all the way to the bank. :rolleyes:

It is absolutely, positively shocking, however, in that you can tell someone this info, and their reaction is like they heard nothing. It's like they don't believe you and have no intent to find out. Tuned out as usual.

19. yep. totally agree.

20. What does CBD stand for?