Naming a legalization bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by greenbliss, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Since spinding time on weed costs government and police resources from being focused on it, instead of other drugs, wouldnt a good idea for a bill legalizing be something like "the combating hard drugs act of 2009" or the equivalent for some other year?

It is so easy, there are already polticians who agree with us, and it only takes one senator (the one proposing it) to get it proposed, why not just ask one of the weed-friendly poticians to do that. Its gonna be hard to vote against a bill with that title!

2. sounds feasible.. as long as they stopped attacking marijuana.

3. yeah,has a nice ring to it,and in tells what it will do.maybe start emailing some of those senator that :smoke:

4. I think you definitely have the right idea of giving it a real sublte name and the one you have could even work. I think it could at least help a little in getting some support, a lot of times little things like the name of a bill can effect not only a politions stance but public opinion.

5. The Jack Herer Act. (If we're talking federal.)

6. This isnt about giving a name were gonna like or honroing somebody, its about a name that is going to influence the opinion of non stoners to vote the right way.

7. The Drug Prioritization Act of 2010

8. I like Drug Prioritization Act but people are well aware that it becomes marijuana legalization and won't be so easily fooled. Also, there are many people who support marijuana legalization that support legalization and regulation of ALL drugs (even hard ones), who will probably feel slighted.

9. I don't think that's really gonna be how it works...

10. Well, marijuana legalization will come LONG before the legalization of hard drugs. The legalization of hard drugs could be centuries away.