Mexico sets new "personal use" standards

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by HighMountainSkier, Aug 22, 2009.

1. I read this over at Norml.
    You can read the full article here: New York Times: Mexico “Legalizes” Drug Possession - Well, Not Exactly | NORML Blog

I feel that this "pseudo-decriminalization" can only help us. I don't believe that Mexico would have done this with out getting some sort of blessing from the US Govt (not that they will ever admit to that). Hopefully if enough lawmakers realize that this doesn't cause the world to end, some good will result.

2. Interesting...it really won't have an effect on the cartel's mass production. Local use might increase due to the the decriminalization. But decriminalizing in these small amounts is just going to keep the every day user outta the cage if he's got a brain on em. Its still a step in the right direction tho. Mad props to Mexico for being the first country to grow some balls on this continent.

3. I read an article, (may have been on NORML) which addressed the new laws in Mexico and it spelled out how injurious, in fact, the new laws would be as far as personal freedoms and other issues. I'll have to see if I can find it again. Bottom line: it put more power into the hands of government and less in the rights of the people of Mexico.

4. 5 grams is better than nothing...I'd take it over here for sure.

5. Heh Id waste more gas runnin back and forth to my dealer than what I was spending on weed lol
    I like that they included LSD:hippie:

6. The LSD weights are totally asinine though. there is no way and officer is going to be able to test the cemical weight itself. the will test the weight of the vehicle, i.e. paper or sugar cube or what have you. I think it strange that they even included it. I havent seen any good acid around in like 5 years! Just do shrooms instead.