Congratulations Oakland!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by HighMountainSkier, Jul 22, 2009.

1. From NORML: California: Oakland Voters Approve Nation̢۪s First Marijuana Business Tax | NORML Blog

This is a great deal. I saw this on CNN last night, where the owner of a dispensary was interviewed and he projects that this tax is going to cost him anywhere from $300K to $400K annually, AND HE WAS HAPPY TO PAY IT!

It's a great day when Cannabis can put some legit revenue into the hands of the government, which can be injected into making the community a better place to live, instead of the pharmaceuticals giving illegal campaign bribes to our representatives which only makes them richer.

Again, Congratulations Oakland, CA!:hello:

2. Slowly but surely, we are headed in the right direction. Thanks for the read man. + rep.

3. Unfortunately, California needs a lot more money than that.

I can see crap like this not living very long when the long awaited Federal "Bailout" comes in for Cally's over-spending government.

In order for them to get the money, cuts will have to be made, and this crap is the first to go.

4. Maybe once other states/cities see how much tax revenue the marijuana tax is bringing in, they will follow suit and do the same.

5. One can only hope! :wave:

6. almost everyday now, i see more and more news coverage on legalizing mj.....it will happen with in the next 5 years.

7. Thanks for the good read man!This is great news indeed

8. Very nice point, and post.

9. Only in this business do the people being negatively effected by this tax support it.

10. congrats for oakland. Another small step for us

11. Congratulations :)

does anybody else get annoyed that a fucking journalist doesn't know the definition of "presently"?

12. The coolest thing too: I think his name is Richard Lee who owns dispensaries and Oaksterdam U- he fully supports the higher taxation rate as the right thing to do. How many people cry about taxes, often times when they are the richest people? Shows he's in it for the good fight. Too bad our government is not. :rolleyes:

13. this means its legal in okland? I got fam in okland but I never been there.... mayb its timeto visit them

14. ^ No its not legal....read the article....