michigan marijuana vote

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by likeisaid, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Since I didn't see anything being posted about the michigan proposal I thought I would keep every one up to date.. once the polls close and the counting begins I will update. We have Detroit, grand rapids, flint, Ypsilanti and kalamazoo all with some type of vote going on today. Stay tuned!!!!!

2. Yes please post the results ASAP. Hope it gets decriminalized in Grand Rapids

3. well...such a flood of info on what those locations are voting on...(ya, we can all just go Google it ourselves I guess...why should the OP have to provide relevant links after all...)...

hang on..I'll make popcorn...

4. #5 likeisaid, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    All measures passed

Detroit: Proposal M would decriminalize up to 1 ounce of marijuana for personal recreational use by persons over 21 in Detroit.

Grand Rapids: A proposal to decriminalize possession, control, use, or gift of marijuana. If caught its a civil infraction. ( From what i can tell you can have one pound and still be fine. there are no size limits)

Flint: would decriminalize up to 1 ounce of marijuana for personal recreational use by persons over 19

ypsilanti: Change the city charter to make it the low priority for law enforcement

Kalamazoo: To allow up to three dispensaries in the city limits

5. god I love michigan

6. Woot woot for the mitten! Now we need to focus on repealing prohibition in 2014!!

7. Nice. Next time lets legalize!

8. Thanks now we can focus on legalization.

9. Flint's being a bunch of dickhats and saying it's meaningless...the cops there say they're gonna keep running arrests, since it's still illegal on the state and federal levels. So, extra lame.
    I live in Ypsi (used to live in Flint) and officials here have said it's more symbolic, that they weren't really focusing on weed anyway.
    K-zoo......yeah. No comment.
    Detroit and GR, though...way to go! I'll bet Michigan's one of the next states to legalize, at this rate!

10. So in detroit will that start bringing in marijuana industrys even though its not fully legal? For example like in amsterdam marijuana isnt legal its just decriminalized and they have coffee houses and junk. can detroit do the same? Will detroit start having bud festivles and junk since its decriminlized?
    Idk im kinda confused..

11. I had the same question but after thinking about it. It does NOT permit the sale, growing ect... only possession so I was thinking it could be something like bring your own weed To a place but, you run the risk of getting pulled over if cops see you come out the building. Its still illegal on the federal level so the building would not last long