If Canada Legalises it, how long until it's available for everybody over 18?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by shittytoker, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Title pretty much sums it up, I'm just wondering how long you think it would take to have pot out there on the market if it were legalised in Canada in March.

2. Give or take a few months or so.

3. Why, what's going on in March?

4. that is definitely gonna boost tourism.

5. It's a BIG if ... I have hope though

6. #8 PositiveAttitudeMachine, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    The thing in March is related to Mr Mengah(huge spelling errors, sorry). He has a court hearing on March 5/6 in regards to his challenge to Health Canadas medical marijuana lawas. Last year a judge struck down the weed laws in Canada seeming them unconstitutional giving the govt 90 days to fix the laws or weed would be legal. I'll be back in a minute with a link

Edit:http://www.mernagh.ca/ontario-court-of-appeal-dates-chosen-r-v-mernagh/

There you go, mine was just a reiteration of this article.

7. If Mernagh wins, then all marijuana laws will be void, and until new legislation is drawn up, it will be legal for everyone, including children.

8. todays the day... whats the news?

9. Postponed til tomorrow dude

10. God dammit im dying for good news!

11. Pretty sure it got delayed till may 6th & 7th, saw it in some article a month ago.

12. Haha yup this is correct. Whoops..

13. If pot got legalized, would people be allowed to smoke it at work on their breaks? Unless its restricted like alcohol

14. That is how I would assume it would work, much like alcohol. I don't think it's very responsible to do at work either way(though some job titles might have more lee way than others), but that's just me.

15. Sooo what happened today?

16. It was moved to may so they could have more time to prepare a written argument.

17. Anyone know what people in Canada could do to push legalization?
    I mean, write a letter to your MP? Or...?