You want to legalise cannabis? You must be stupid.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by KushAndChips, Jan 26, 2013.

1. The prohibitionist know legalization is around the corner and they're growing desperate. That article is pure yellow journalism, using fear to scare the ignorant.

I almost stopped reading when the article claimed there was no scientific research that proved cannabis had medical benefits. There are probably hundreds of studies that prove this.

It's also funny that they didn't even attempt to explain why alcohol is acceptable for widespread use and regulation but cannabis is not. I don't think they mentioned the word alcohol once.

2. Trying hard with the riffer madness claims again!

3. My blood was boiling by that point also. Disgusting point.

4. This is disgusting, Argh.. why would I even care reading this propagandist bullshit?

I'm out gotta puke

5. level 99 propaganda

6. This sickens me

7. Yeah that was all bullshit.

And whats this shit "Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons."

gtfo.

8. wow the writer of this must of been real good to be able to sneak up behind a bull while it was taking such a huge steaming crap

9. as much as I think weed is awesome I am honestly split. I mean I by no means believe any of that right wing bs, I just feel that legalizing it would be too much for people to handle who are not experienced with it. It would for sure get a real bad rep when lots of stupid kids start using it at wrong times. I think gradual legalization is the way to go for sure.

10. at least I would just want the fines for possession or whatnot to be very minimal and to stop making it seem more along the lines of a parking ticket instead of a criminal offense.

11. ^ i dont want to goto jail thats why i want it legal as far as kids getting it make it a age limit of 21 kids will still get it just like they get alchol but at lest it will be a little harder (sometimes) damn it i had an actual point but my stony ass gone and forgot it

12. Poorly written article and no option to even comment due to 'legal reasons' :s
    Also the sikh bit at the end is so random lol

Calling your readers dumb is also a great way to go as i'm sure there are mail readers who choose to smoke up.

13. professional troll.. :(

14. Gradual legalization will likely be the only path to legalization of any kind anyway, regardless of what is being legalized here.

There are LARGE industries being affected by the legalization movement, and these large industries employ thousands of lobbyists to fight to protect those profits every day.

As far as people not being able to handle it, they clearly also cannot "handle" most prescription painkillers and alcohol, two legal (and deadly) alternatives available today. Cannabis replacing these would be a good thing.

Only downside is some of those "stupid people" would still be alive due to lack of overdose instead of being cleansed from the gene pool. :D

15. after reading that opinion piece and skimming a few others.......it becomes apparent that the reason they don't accept comments "for legal reasons" is that this guy is the UK's answer to Rush Linbaugh, and 90% of the comments would be bashing his views.....

16. Yall throwing the right wingers under the bus. im a republican and i burn down like a mutha fucka. I believe in the total legalization of marijuana not just for medical use (i live in virginia ive given up on the medical marijana were never gonna get it here). The problem with makin it a medical issue is that its still classified as a drug. Until we get the drug label away from it nothing will change. I believe people should be able to do what makes them happy. I dont think its just polical view points either. I think its a difference between new and old school view points. The older generation (besides the old hippies) were strictly taught thay marijana is a hard drug, which we are starting to find to be total bullshit. But what are you goin to be able to tell your grandpa to sway him to belive that its nothing more than a harmless plant. You ever tried reasoning with a old geezer (thats the problem with our government, let some young guns in)

17. #18 nomoredoubts, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    I love reading the comments on these kind of articles normally just pages and pages and pages of people wanting to legalize cannabis commenting on how stupid an article that has been printed surly the newspapers must pick up on the fact every time they print an article like this they get a back lash of negativity against the piece of writing?

I'm pretty sure some time soon the Sun is going to run a full scale ''Do you cannabis legal'' campaign not like the online thing they did more like a free the weed kind of thing, some one I know spoke in depth with the Sun and this is what they told him, this guy is serious when it come to this kind of thing does not mess about, theres hope yet people, stay focused on the task in hand, keep on fighting the good cause, you know what has to be done!

18. In this unpleasant future, greedy businessmen will make enormous fortunes from the misery of others, and the avaricious State will find a new source of tax revenue, to pay the interest on the vast debts it can never meet.

I'm pretty sure that this was the result of making cannabis illegal.

A lot of this article looks like it could've been written alongside the script for reefer madness.

19. "In this unpleasant future, greedy businessmen will make enormous fortunes from the misery of others"

err they already do with tobacco lol fucking pricks, fuck the daily mail, fuck david cameron, fuck all the posh boy dickhead politicians