first time grower. t5 6 bulb question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mabdelrasoul, Feb 2, 2012.

1. hi there. my name is mike. this is going to be my first attempt in growing indoors. my question is how many plants can i veg,grow and flower under a t5 ho 4foot long , 2 feet wide 6bulb fluorescent fixture? each bulb is 54w. all opinions and feedback is much appreciated. thank you.

2. about 4 plants max man.. id say 3 would be best though

3. im getting mixed reviews . some say 8 some say 6. im all confused. why is it u think only 3,4?

4. Ya id say 4. Autos will get to 30-36" if planted in 5 gallon pots.I have some afgan kush ryders that i harvested sunday weight dry at 9 1/2 ounces. I run a bad boy 8 bulb and 5 was at max in a 3x4 area.

5. If your going to flower, just two, T5s are great but they still don't have a lot of penetrating power! So you will need to kepp them low, I'd recommend doing a scrog with 1 or 2 palnts. You must remember, T5s only have a penetrating power of about 6", so by doing a scrog, you will have all your buds on top. Check out augustwest's scrog...here is a link--->http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...i-double-strawberry-diesel-v2-soil-scrog.html

A good point here is that sometimes less is more!

6. ive got ten, three footers doing a scrog on one plant. its going great. i have room for prolly another 8 lights on my fixture later once its bigger. check it out feel free to ask more specific questions. post your space specs? venting? hydro/soil? a general rule for T5s is 150 minimum for the first plant, and add 50-100 for each other plant, also keeping in mind you need to keep it within 1-2inch of the plant. i opted for the single scrog so i could LST it flat, getting the most out of my T5s. the outer edges are a little behind so im just going to Top/Fim all the tops in the middle. slow them down making more tops and let the sides catch up

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...ical-grow-rumple-cloner-all-organic-soil.html

7. i say four because ive learnt through experience that each plant uses 100 watts ea to stay healthy average. a little less is ok

8. It's not about staying healthy:devious:, it's about what will give you the better/larger harvest and 1-2 in a scrog is optimum!:cool:

9. thanx guys. im using a 5 foot length, 2 foot wide closet. im using fox farm soil,fox farm nutes,tep/humid, and im going to use a little fan. i feel if i just check up on the plants twice a day with a little fan that should be enough fresh air curculation for the plants. also i will have a little crack of the closet door for the fan to bring out and in fresh air. also0 the walls are white, the t5 ho fixture i have is 4foot long and 2 feet wide, with a reflecter underneath the bulbs. idk y but i feel i can fully veg and flower 5 plants comftably in this space. i feel light will be equal all around. what do0 u guys think??? will i be able to flower 5 plants using 3 gallon plastic pots in this space?

10. and i dont know what scrog is??

11. you can probably do five, but the plants wont be as good, especially far apart. if ur doing hydro try using an aquarium or tub not 3 gallon pot

12. im using soil, and what do u mean wont be as good?
    my goal is to get alot of buds off of my plants . i feel more plant more bud???? a lil advice would really help on to how i can get a lot of bud off of my plants in that space,using a t5 6 bulb . i ordered master cush,and white castle. all female seeds. master cush is a indica and the white castle is a hybrid. what is my best bet on growing these strains?

13. k well give me ur email and ill help you through your grow

14. i just messaged u

15. troll the other forums. go to the sub forums that fit what your doing and just start researching. scrog is Screen on green. you bend the plant over holding it down as it grrows to make a bush. when flowering many tops come up instead on one main one. you feed the tops thru 1inch square wire holes(stretch chicken wire wall to wall) to hold up the buds. if you did this with 2 plants, you would end up with around 40 tops instead of 4 from 4 plants, also saving on your seeds for next time. also remember your flourescents lose intensity after 3inches. lower buds grow airy and no good to smoke (still good to throw with your trim for hash/butter) so the scrog method of many short tops is a good call for your 4 lights

16. ^^^Follow this advice, If you had followed the f'n link I left in my last post, you'd know this is the best way to maximize your grow. But hey I'm just a stupid grower, ever wonder how someone with as few a post as I have has garnered so much rep, it ain't because I'm pretty!

17. ooo i see. thanks