CO2 during flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dj9ten, Jun 26, 2011.

1. The guy at my local hydro store has been givin me some pretty good advice so far & everything sound pretty logical....I jut have a question and would like to have another opinion about it....

My local hydrostore manager said NO to adding CO2 during flowering.....he said CO2 promotes growth & during flowering I want my plant 2 focus more on producing flower......so he said CO2 for veg & none for flowering...

What are you guys opinion? Is this correct???

2. no completely incorrect. I work at a hydroponic store as well. Plants benefit from CO2 throughout the entire growth cycle. You should cut co2 at night because plants use oxygen during the dark cycle and only require co2 when they're absorbing light. 1200ppm co2 is ideal. above 1500ppm is detrimental (to you and your plants)

3. Thanks 4 the quick reply!! This is my first grow & I wasn't planning on doing anything over the top any way....just maybe the yeast method In a bottle.....I was also thinking CO2 might benefit because I struggled through the veg stage battling all types of different problems....(ranging from lights-nutes etc).... This caused slowed growth (& hermies) I was hoping my plants might be able to catch up from the slowed growth...Any other thoughts ?

4. al shankmor is correct. They will benefit from co2 in both veg and flower. I find what works best for me, and is most economical for me is; I run my co2 during veg only. Since I only veg for 20-25 days because of height restrictions. I want as much new growth and as many branches to form as I can. Co2 helps with this. However I don't notice enough of a difference during flower to justify paying $20 a bottle every 2-3 weeks. This is the system that works best for my setup. Just an Idea to keep in mind.

5. thanks thats exactly what my local hydro guy was shooting for!! thanks