Why can't you use miracle grow for cannabis?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ford, Jan 28, 2011.

1. back before I actually got into growing I used miracle grow everything grew some nice plants.but why can't you use it everyone hates it.explain why please

2. its not that you cant its just not the best for it.

sure taking the bus to the store will work, but a car is just a better option

3. A lot of people find that the soil is too " hot" for young plants because of the fertilizers in the soil.

4. Oh ok thanks.but what about the nutrients? They worked fine for me both did

5. My bad I'm high

6. Mg works decent for growing. It's just that it's made for gardening and a hose so it's REALLY strong. It's also chemical. But if you use a TINY bit, like a half teaspoon in a gallon of water you'll be good

7. #7 weshawk5, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
    Use the following

70% Fox Farm ocean Forest
    30% Perlite
    a small handfull of dolomitic lime per gal of soil

I would also use the fox farm trio

all together its over twice as much money but you will be glad you spent it. I used miracle grow soil and nutes for my first grow and my soil ph would get out of wack so easily...used the above for my second grow and it was easy mode.

8. Oh ok thanks. Ill use it until I get a job then il buy all the expensive shit

9. Yo doesnt the FFOF already have perlite in it? I am using FFOF as well but i didnt add perlite cuz it already had some. Did I fuck it up?

10. FFOF does have perlite in it, but people like to add more... it doesnt matter... honestly.

And yeah, people dont like MG soil because it has time released nutes in it... and as for the MG nutes, thats already been explained, theres better shit out there...

Doesnt mean it cant be used, ive seen grows on here, where people used MG soil and nutes... and ended up getting some ok results.. its not something i'd advise to a new grower, and experienced growers dont want to use it

11. Simple fact is MG works great. For a beginner, MG is a heaven sent product... When used properly. Problem is, people don't take the time to direct people on how to use it. In addition, we (as MJ growers) are constantly overwhelmed by these new, "game changing" products.

Also, I am not confident that many growers in the MJ community have even tried MG simply because it is bashed so quickly and thoroughly. I have used MANY different products and growing techniques. The only way I truly learn and understand anything is by trying it myself. Shit, right now I have 4 different growing methods in my room...

Anyways, yes MG is hot. However, when watered correctly, seedlings to harvest, MG can go the distance.

(Damn I'm hungover...)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Back in the day there was a product called RapidGro. It was awesome for growing pot. But unfortunately I dont think its on the market any more.

But MG is fine. They have an organic line too. Sure, you might want to add one or two things to make it a better MJ soil, but as long as you are dialed in, it will work.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I used MG bloom builder on an outdoor crop last season because it seemed stupid to dump expensive nute into the outdoor soil. They were the biggest smelliest tasteest pinkest buds ive ever grew.MG claims the bloom formula wont burn plants and it wont because i was adding more than full stength nutes and they shoot to the moon.Im not experience with it indoors but outdoors its awsome.

14. cause miracle grow sucks

15. What an ignorant comment, I bet you've either A) never used it B)used it incorrectly C) suck at growing D)all of the above

• Like Like x 6
  16. Thanks everyone for the help!!!!! So great to have fellow growers. Is there any specific type that I should use and is there any to stay away from? Cuz imma be honest money is tight and mg is cheap thanks guys.

17. I started using MG moisture control soil two grows ago. I don't use any nuts & set the water PH right on the line between 4 & 5 so it turns very lite pink & no added nutrients. my main stalks, branches & leaf stems are a beautiful lime green & the buds are large tight & taste fantastic.

18. Take a few minutes and do some research on the company that manufactures Miracle Grow (Scott's) and their affiliations with THE worst company on our planet - MONSANTO.

J

• Like Like x 1
  19. Im using miracle grow right now and it seems to be doing the trick so far i was alittle scared at first to use because of what i heard than i was like if i can put it on my fruits and veggies why not my bud if i can eat it why cant i smoke it right but I like it and its doing its job my plant is beautiful

• Like Like x 1