first grow, scrog 2k watts (3.5 weeks into flower)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by maogrow, Jan 10, 2010.

1. I made 2 4x4 carts, 1000 watts hps above each.

5 strains: silver bubble, alaskan ice, super lemon haze, lemon skunk, arjans ultra haze.

What do you guys think my yield should be? Hows my undergrowth? Should I trim or halve leaves on main bud sites so that the lower ones on the stalk can get light too?

Attached Files:

2. one more pic

Attached Files:

3. Holy shit that is awesome! you have all five of those strains mixed in there? are they all supposed to finish around the same time? i see a few sativas in the mix, too. . .

I wouldn't cut the leaves, either.

4. #4 smokinafatty, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010
    Wow, I like how thick your canopy is. How many plants did it take to fill up that space? I am thinking of useing scrog as well and hope mine fill in like yours. Much props..
    How many plants do you think I can get into an ebb and flow system thats about 3 foot long by 18 inches wide? How hard is it to stuff all those plants in such a small place. and
    how do you feed the branches through the screen? Oh how wide is the section of screen where the branches come through. If you don't mind stop by my grow journal and check out my system. I could really use some advise. I'm in my first week of flowering. I would
    like to harvest around a half pounds at the least With a cycle every 60-90 days. heres my Thread link, check it out and let me know.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/524391-smokinafatty-my-2nd-grow.html

5. i just got back from amsterdam . is that reserva privada seed silver bubble?
    and greenhouse super lemon haze?
    they are the 2 nicest weeds ive ever smoked man

6. Yes they are all greenhouse except the silver bubble. All high yielding strains.

Smokinafatty: I got 20 plants. My wire mesh is 2 inches by 2 inches. As for feeding branches, its pretty easy just read any scrog guide. I am not the best one to get advice from.

7. I have a question for any experienced growers out there:

I accidentally snapped a main branch last week while trying to even out my canopy. Te wound hasnt healed, I guess i didnt support it properly.

I noticed that the branch looks okay though (leaves and buds arent dying), but the entire plant is lagging behind on budding.

Should I kill the branch?

8. #8 Buddha88, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010

First off amazing SCROG! thats awesome and totally not at all what i expected to see when clicked the thread. +rep bro! as far as your plant goes.
    just depends. If its been a few days and you dont see any leaves dying, then the branch probably healed up ok. MJ is pretty reselient and as long as its kind of doctored youre usually ok. BUt i dont have to tell you that yeah its a pretty big wound and that whole plant will suffer. takes time and alot of energy to recover so youre yield will suffer but alas all is not lost. give the plant an extra week maybe 2 and it will finish out just fine. sometimes you even get a big trichome kick outta wounded plants and they turn out with booming quality.

9. This is your first grow? Damn, when you do something you really go all out. Cheers, enjoy your harvest.

10. Thanks for compliments and feedback guys! means alot to know im doing it right and yeah i go all out haha...

go hard or go home right?

11. yield, i would say anywhere between 3-5 lbs, depends on the grower and conditions, some could get less and some could even get more than that ;)

12. id second that most people yield about 1oz a square foot their first go around but you could end up anywhere between 2-6lbs.

13. My goal was 5, but realistically i was hoping for at least 4. Anything less would be disappointing. Alot of my plants have different kinds of stress, sucks growing from seed.. but overall it looks good asyou guys can see.

14. the only thing i can think of is that your room might be a bit too crowded, sure looks good now, but your only at 3.5 weeks, the strains u got will go to bout 12 weeks, by then , you will have a very over-crowded room, resulting in less yield from lack of co2 and lack of light, i have found its better to put enough plants so when they finnish they look like yours do, a nice full canopy, but youll learn with time and experience

15. They range from 8-12 weeks. So the ones that flower longer will actually have more space because i would have harvested the ones that finished earlier.

16. Here are pictures from below. Good enough or too congested?

Attached Files:

17. Well im at about 4.5 weeks now. I did some selective trimming at canopy and of course lots of cleaning of undergrowth.

I will probably clean the rest of the undergrowth next week.

As for that branch on that plant, well earlier this week i snapped another branch on the same plant! Its this damn sativa growing so tall so i was trying to pull the branches back.
    The first branch was never supported properly and never really healed so i decided today to take it off. Hopefully the other branch will heal fast and the plant can resume flowering. Ill get some pics of the plant in question later.

Couple of pics attached.

Attached Files:

18. Going on week 5. I guess now is when my buds grow much bigger? How do they look so far?

See that I have 2 very sativa-like plants. The one that is in the middle is the one suffering. Notice the one right behind is has much fuller buds. Sucks to see that..

Attached Files:

19. lookin good mao, cant wait to see your harvest...ill be watching :)