4x4 Tent, Ebb + Flow, 400w HPS, NOW 30 DAYS INTO FLOWERING *!!PICS!!*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bouldernugs, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Hi,

First grow here!

Setup is as follows:

4x4x6.5 enclosure, fully ducted 400 watt daystar ac hood with switchable ballast mh/hps (currently on 12/12 with hortilux hps eye)

ebb and flow table (botanicare 3x3 which is actually bigger than 3x3)

GH Flora Nutes Grow, Micro and Bloom (flowering at currently at about 1200ppm) and Kool Bloom (1/4 strength), using R/O DI water, checking pH and ppm frequently (haven't had a need to adjust much), doing res changes every week. CalMag at 1/2 strength used, too.

Net-bottom pots (2 gallon pots) with about 1 gallon of GroCubes Rockwool croutons, plants on 3" cubes on top of that.

The roots were showing through the bottom of the net pots so I soaked, cut and layered coco mats under the pots.

There's some SweetSweet in there, Cheese, Super Silver Haze, Kush, and Aurora Indica. They'll all finish at different times, but i'm in no hurry!

Let me know what you think so far!
    THANKS for the input! :)

Attached Files:

2. Looks like someone did his research and put his knowledge to good use.........nice looking grow man...........props to you.......+rep for a killer first grow.

3. #4 cody8892000, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023

4. Thanks, Cody! I have a lot of time and money invested into my meds and I'm very excited for the next couple of months! I think next time i'll start flowering even earlier because they're getting HUGE! I hope their main stretch is done and I hope from now on they invest their energy into bud production, 'cause they can't get tooooo much bigger than they are in that enclosure!

I'll post pics every few days, thanks for the comments!

5. Lookin tight bro, how long did you veg those for? I just bout and setup that same tent last week and its the shit. Good luck brother.

6. I got some clones from a dispensary (rooted in rockwool) and put them on top of the Grodan Croutons in those two gallon mesh-bottom pots (with about 1 gallon of croutons under the clones). They vegged for less than a month (I wanted the roots to somewhat grow into the croutons before I switched to 12/12) and then I switched them into 12/12. If you look at my second post in this thread you can see a pic of what they looked like a few days before I switched them to flowering. They grew a TON already since then!

7. Thats cool man yall are lucky we aint got no dispenseries in detroit and im runnin mine is soil i forgot to mention that, im gonna run hydro next time for sure, i think a couple of my clones are super lemon haze but who knows m*f*'s are shady round here. Me and my buddy both used to work for the same plumbing company we're gonna build our own custom ebb n flow maybe with a fogger. But your shit looks sweet if mine werent just going into flower id throw em out and go with dro. keep the good dope growin.

8. anyone have a guess as to what the tent will yield? ballpark? there are different plants in there, some SweetSweet, Cheese, Kush, SSH, and Aurora Indica...

9. I was wondering how many plants you have under that 400 watt hps. I wanna do a grow similar to yours but I kinda wanna see how many plants I can fit under either 250 or 400 watt hps setups.

10. i have four plants in bigger pots and four plants in smaller pots. you can see what's up in the pics in this thread http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/460431-when-should-i-start-flowering-pics.html those are the plants that are in there now (minus the little guys in the plastic bin). i kinda wish i went with a 600 or 1000 watt, but maybe if i had done that the temps wouldn't be so nice and low (70 lights off to 78 lights on). we'll see how they do. they've gotten really bushy so i've added a T5 strip in there and i'm gonna put another t5 that i have at the house inside the tent.

11. #12 cody8892000, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023

12. First off, I'll say they look beautiful, good job!

But, there may be some bad news :(. If your light is as high as it can go, I'm going to say that in the next week or two your plants might be reaching into the danger zone of heat from the HPS.

Be careful, the last thing you want to do is burn your top cola, it can really stunt your top growth, and mess up one the best parts about a plant (at least imo).

13. Thanks for the heads up. I can move it up a few inches but not much. It's been a little over 2 weeks since they started flowering, so i'm hoping they'll stop stretching in the next few days (most people say 3 weeks for stretching, right?).

What signs will I see if it's too hot up there? Will there be any visible indicators (like leaf tips burning or yellowing) or will stunted growth be the only 'indicator'?

They have a fan blowing pretty directly on them to keep 'em cool. I'll post more pics when lights go on!

14. Did you get your humidity down?

15. its down to about 50%. i've been airing out the room the enclosure is in to lower its humidity, too.

16. Your leaves will curl up, and they will get a spot that looks bleached on them. Also they may grow in deformed too if they're still growing when getting burned. Burning a cola can really stunt the growth of the cola, and I don't know about you but I treasure my big central colas.

17. thanks for the heads up everyone. i went ahead and raised the light as much as possible, and i also moved the two super silver haze's that were in there out to give these other girls some more light. Now there are 6 plants under the 400watt:

1 SweetSweet (closeup shot)
    2 Kush
    1 Cheese
    2 Aurora Indica

Here are some pics. They're on day 19 of 12/12. What do you think?

Attached Files:

18. Yeah Boulder, I'm in denial of how big these plants get when flowering. Its amazing. Like Do Work had mentioned, be careful. My bagseed strain http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/467294-what-do-you-think.html has grown about 8 inches in the past week. I'm running out of room my self lol. I vegged too long I guess. None the less though, your grow is lookin awesome man. Great work, keep it up. I'll be checkin back for sure.

19. Anything eventful happen in the last 24 hrs lol? (This hobby can try your patience sometimes, ya know? lol)