My second grow, super low budget, but it IS growing!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trainermitch, Mar 5, 2009.

1. #1 trainermitch, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
    I got a small seedling from a friend who grows in a much larger setup a few weeks ago. I don't really have much money (any) to spend on a grow right now as I am currently living off of unemployment from being laid off of my 'secure' government job.

[​IMG]

I read the "Grow Bible" and go the strongest bulb that I could find, a reflector and some of my friends Hydroton. I have some plant food that I have been using to poor into the pot along with a "tea" that I saw on a Grow DVD from Cervantes, water twice a day.

It's grown over four hundred percent so far! I will keep track of my progress with time with new photos to show how my new grow can do.

My friend yields over 8 ounces a plant, though he has a very nice setup. While I know I won't do that good, I do have a much larger pot size than his plants, and I always check my PH with drip sticks I have from my pool supplies (works great!)

[​IMG]

03 - 05

I know that you can not use "animal waist" directly, but I saw in a grow dvd that if you let it soak in water for 48 hours, you can use it as a nut mix. I have a dog, and it HAS been working

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just poor it into the pot at the top, drains into the plastic pot, dump the plastic pot back into a container for re-use and put the plant back under the light :)

03 - 08

Here are the update photos. I did what you guys said and moved it from the window, and added more light and a reflector on the wall

[​IMG]

She's looking GREAT! I couldn't be ANY more happy than I am and I am SHOCKED that it's growing so dam great! It really IS a weed isn't it?

[​IMG]

:hello::hello::hello:

A couple of people have asked about the bulb, so here you go

[​IMG]

It does smell a little, but so does any grow area

03 - 09

Ok, So I've been told that I can become HORRIBLY SICK

[​IMG] LOOK OUT CHILDREN, HE HAS ..... PINK EYE!!! :eek::eek::eek:

So I figured that I would warn everyone that you can get the dreaded PINKEYE growing bud from waist.

And, although bat poop... Rabbit poop... cow poop.... etc etc ..... fish poop..... are all safe and used every day on all the foods we eat from everywhere we eat them at. My dog eats toxic waist and just touching the weed I am going to set on fire can cause me to become undead.

Replicate my results at your own risk.... You have been warned!

PINK EYE!!

[​IMG]

03 - 11

I'll take a few new shots. Notice how the leave grew right over the push light, yet it's cool to the touch. Your plant looks better than mine, maybe I should add more molasses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoke:

03 - 14

Alright, haha, sorry I was getting ready for a friends Bday party. Here are the new pictures. She's not growing as well as I had hoped based on the past, but not bad still :cool:

[​IMG]

My area can stand to have the plant get much taller

[​IMG]

There is some issues with the plant,

[​IMG]

03 - 18

It's the 18th (Can you believe she's grow so fast in such a short amount of time?!)

I was wondering what to look for in sick plants, because mine DOESN'T LOOK SICK ONE BIT! :cool:

In fact, she's grown SO MUCH, I had to implement a hard core, pro level SCROG.

[​IMG]

I also got a Y splitter and the old UVB bulb from my old Lizards tank (he's dead, so he won't be missing it!)

[​IMG]

The UVB will help make tons more THC for my baby so when it pumps out ounces of premo bud, it'll be even stickier! :devious:

And we'll all know who to thank!

[​IMG]

03 - 19

Here is an example of how a real farmer is using dog waist as compost. He lets it sit (as I do) and uses it as nuts through soil seep. :cool:

All you haters can clearly see, as long as you keep it away from food, it's clearly good to go! :smoking:

And from the size of the weed grown so far in what you are saying is otherwise poor lighting / growth conditions. It may well be better than I had ever hoped it could be in my best case scenario when I first started this as a fun time killer a little over a week and a half ago

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCfyDpgz6I&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - City Farmer's Dog Waste Composter[/ame]

More people using Dog poo and it's working GREAT!

"Does watering plants/ie.the poop down (if already on or near plants) really help. I had a rainbucket (5 gallon) bucket of water I used on plants- forgetting that about a month previous I used it to cart dog poop out of my dog's pen. There was one 'turd' still in the bottom of the bucket, which I only noticed after watering all my tomato, and lettuce plants that I had worked so hard to grow from seed."

"I have a special compost pile for the dog poop. I keep it separate from my other compost pile and mix in leaves and grass clippings to cover the smell. When it is composted I can use it on ornamental plants. I never use it on my vegetable garden but it's fine for trees and shrubs once composted."

and hundreds more! Just "Don't use on food"

Seems like common sense to me :cool:

Dog shot works great for grass and bush's!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmWgevZcjDc"]YouTube - Dog Shit Works[/ame]

Interesting facts

"the ratio will be approximately N-P-K 1.4-0.25-0.01 which corresponds to a synthetic fertilizer blend of 6-1-0. Such a high level of nitrogen (first number) compared to so relatively low numbers of phosphorous and potassium (2nd and 3rd numbers.")

"grass is probably the only home garden setting which could benefit from same."

05 - 24

haha! Ventanger, you bastard! You called my joke! :D Really, he gave me a 400 hid and helped me with light placement and everything.

The nug i showed everyone is the one that I placed in my oven to get ready for a test smoke, The rest is resting in my closet.

I drew an arrow to the section I took off to show you'al

OWNED HATERS!!!! :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 DankNStanky420, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    Not to be an ass but if your friend has smaller buckets for his plants then the one in that pic then he isnt yeilding 8 oz per plant. not even close. I have caregiver friends that get 4-6 off of plants in 3 gallon pots but they are using (2) 1000 watts to flower.

But your friend could be giving you the numbers wet, but id still even say hes off.

3. To be honest, I have no way of confirming his claim. His plants DID look fantastic and very large..

4. lol, yeah and im not trying to diss on you or your friend. Im sure if they were big he was probly getting 4 oz dry weight per. depending on his setup i could tell you in better detail. Do you know what kind of lights he is using for flower and veg, nutrients, etc?

5. He had some MH's and one HPS, and was using a hydro grow. Still is right now.

I'm stoked!

6. dude, im on unemployment too, shit sucks
    my "stable" job laid me off too
    i am doing a poor mans soil grow right now
    i love looking at these low budget setups
    hope your grow goes great!!

7. Yeah our government is great isnt it? fuckin scoundrels that only care about money. so we might as well make some as well right?

8. Maybe you should move it to a different spot. Somwhere not right next to a window.

9. Amen to that.:smoking:

10. Move it away from the window, but I was thinking the sunlight would help? It's fine I think

11. The sunlight doesnt help enough to risk getting caught by some nosey bastard lookin through your windows

12. I'll post some pictures of my home made (Well, I guess I didn't make it lol) nut mix that I got from a great grow dvd, it's saved me a fortune

13. I'm not to worried about it, It's the window to my back yard

14. Shit use the sun to your advantage!

15. Im just sayin it takes one person to get busted. just one.

16. "Shit use the sun to your advantage!"

And how!

17. #17 trainermitch, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    I know that you can not use "animal waist" directly, but I saw in a grow dvd that if you let it soak in water for 48 hours, you can use it as a nut mix. I have a dog, and it HAS been working

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just poor it into the pot at the top, drains into the plastic pot, dump the plastic pot back into a container for re-use and put the plant back under the light :)

18. Is that.... poo? Like, doodoo?

19. It's free and effective

20. You put dog shit in a sock and then let it seep in water?

Thats pretty awsome. Thumbs up to you even if it works or not.