problems need assistance with plants! pics inside

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bassplaya13, Mar 4, 2009.

1. #2 Orion Assante, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    It looks like an over-fert problem to me. When the edges of the leaves crinkle up at the tips and go brown and crispy, its probably too much N. If the edges of the leaves turn up, down the sides of the leaf and remain green its probably a Mag deficiency. (Hence the term "Praying for Mag")

Too much Nitrogen, and too little Magnesium are the most commonly found problems (other than watering too much)

Cut all Fertilizer application to half or a third the recommended dose on the bottle, or add 1-2 Teaspoons a gallon of Epson salt to your water for Mag.

They really don't look that bad off.

2. Hey maybe the first thing you should is just feed it plain water for a couple days then slowly introduce food again at weakened rate and slowly increase.Make haste with your plant,slowly.

3. the thing is theyve only been getting water. I hadn't even used fertilized till after they started turning and crisping

4. Ok,i grow in clay but when i have nutrient lock out it resembles what your plant looks like.All i can do is list some possibilites,1,it may be a fungal infection so be sure to check your soil composition and quality of the mix,2 you could be over watering,3 it could be underfed but unlikely, 4,did it get too close to light.Did you add any ferts into the soil when you made up the mix?

Ive looked as closely as i can and the plant looks pretty healthy,give it a couple of days,check closely what is in soil and if it continues then a repot maybe a good idea? I do hope this helps....Suess

5. Keep in mind that fresh soil mixes have a bit of fert in them to begin with, so adding more fert on top of that could be what happened. To get an idea of what is going on you can check the PH of the run-off to see what its at currently.

6. well, i currently havent gotten any runoff. but im gonna go with the epsom salts and ph testing for sure, ill upload some more pics in a few days or when there lookin better