First CFL grow, help me out on my box closet grow space, ventilation?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by heavytoke, Feb 27, 2014.

1. I just made my grasscity a few minutes ago. I'm trying to make a box to grow mj in my closet. I'm looking for any and all advice I can get. My problem is, my box is not completely sealed- therefore not smell proof. If I bought the refill activated carbon sheets and taped them over my fans or something, would that work the same way as if I had an inline fan with an attached carbon filter? I don't have the tools to carve out a hole in my box, and it was hard enough to get the holes in the top for the wires on the lights. Also, I turned my lights on, and it was hot as hell in there, even with both of those fans running. What's a cheap, strooong fan to get? It gets hot as hell in my room in the summer also, around 80 with no air conditioning.

It's still not finished either. I ran out of paint. I'm going to finish painting the interior with flat white paint and install a thermometer. I'm really just looking for tips.
    I'm using the fox farms nute trio, and ocean forest soil.
    For veg. (timed 18/6) I'm going to use 4 6500k CFL's and 1 2700k.
    During flowering (timed 12/12), I'll use 4 2700k, and one 6500k.

Can CFL's start a fire if they're too close to the wall of my box? Like an inch or so close?

Here's pics.

2. I just finished my first CFL grow, and the best advice I can give is get everything set up and have it running and where you want it BEFORE you start a plant. Trust me, you don't want to run around at the last minute all the time, trying to get things you overlooked. You'll have enough on your hands when it's grow time. Those little carbon sheets probably wont cut it. Check the link that bongboi sent. There's some good CFL info for beginners.