Why Does My Sprout Look Like This?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokergrowertoker, May 29, 2013.

1. #1 smokergrowertoker, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    My Amphetamine auto-flower seed sprouted, the cotyledons are leaning, almost at a 90 degree angle. I'll try to put up a picture. The sprout is healthy and everything, it's just leaning. It's about 3 days old now.

Attached Files:

2. hey more info could help. probably overwatered or light is to high. hope it helps

3. it look's like it's stretching for light.  move your light closer...  when i have this prob. i prop it up with toothpicks.

4. What exactly do the toothpicks do? Probably a dumb question. But I always see people with stakes next to their plants but what benefit do they really have? Wouldn't the plant just kind of continue to grow disregarding the stakes?

5. i cross the toothpicks and put the seedling in-between.  this supports it until it gets stronger.  moving the light closer stops the stretching.

6. Thanks for the replies guys, I moved the light about an inch from the seedling.

7. But I know it's stretching, I'm going to add more soil in the cup. I'm worried about the top of the plant being sideways, I've never seen that happen to a sprout before.