miracle grow potting soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by buddhasmoke791, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Picked a bag up of MG pot soil with 6 month time release nutes and filled a 5 gallon bucket for my first grow when the plants were about 2 weeks old they had minor nute burn and I thought it was my lights at first after about a week and a half they recovered and grew amazingly healthy since then. I'm thinking for my next grow to start out with something else then transplant into the MG sadly it was a male gorgeous healthy male but from all the controversy on MG it worked great for me anyone else out there using MG id love to see or hear how its going for you or has gone for you but my next grow will in fact be MG using my 400w mh cooltube and flowering with about 250w cfl

2. MG will grow MJ just fine. Everyone thinks it's crap because you have no control over how much fertilizer is released into the soil. Also there is no way to flush before harvest. Flushing, or just growing organic will make you smoke much tastier.

3. Would the effects of not being able to flush the soil cause any major taste difference?

4. yes, major taste and smoke difference. non flushed bud tastes like crap and is pretty harsh on the lungs.

5. ^Exactly. This is one reason I have switched to organic. No ph'ing, no flushing, and way better tasting smoke than I used to grow.

6. Ahh I see thanks my friends

7. I think I will go organic..recomend any nutes?

8. no nutes for organics...you should go check out the organic section. its completely different way of gardening but yields the best tasting and smoothest bud possible.

9. [quote name='"buddhasmoke791"']I think I will go organic..recomend any nutes?[/quote]

Lol don't just use organic soil then put nutrients in it. What would be the point of organic soil then. You need to brew teas and use additives and amendments to your soil for nutrients. Not just the bottled crap off the shelf if u say u want organic.

10. [quote name='"NorCali86"']

Lol don't just use organic soil then put nutrients in it. What would be the point of organic soil then. You need to brew teas and use additives and amendments to your soil for nutrients. Not just the bottled crap off the shelf if u say u want organic.[/quote]

I know this but I was refereing to organic nutrients obv sorry for the misinterpretation

11. Earthworm castings, bat/seadird guano, Kelp extract, etc, etc. Like the previous posters said check out the organic section, and read, read, and read.

12. In organics your not feeding the plant N P K. Your actually feeding the "microbe heard" that exists in good organic soil. You use ACT's and botanical teas to keep the micro heard happy. The plants actually use the microbes "shit" as "nutes." thats why you dont have to PH, your not adding any nutes that need to be in range for uptake by the plant.

13. [quote name='"todderfran"']
    Earthworm castings, bat/seadird guano, Kelp extract, etc, etc. Like the previous posters said check out the organic section, and read, read, and read.[/quote]

Thank you will do.. appreciate your time! =)

14. [quote name='"Imalittleteapot"']In organics your not feeding the plant N P K. Your actually feeding the "microbe heard" that exists in good organic soil. You use ACT's and botanical teas to keep the micro heard happy. The plants actually use the microbes "shit" as "nutes." thats why you dont have to PH, your not adding any nutes that need to be in range for uptake by the plant.[/quote]

Thank you for this bit of information makes a huge difference

15. no problemo...its a great way to grow.

16. #16 Sgtstadanko707, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    [quote name='"buddhasmoke791"']

I know this but I was refereing to organic nutrients obv sorry for the misinterpretation[/quote]

90% of that stuff is not organic. Just Becuse it says it does not mean it is. Look for ormi certified.
    Or do what others have said about the EWC and guanos. That is organics

17. Ok tha nks my friend I think I had a changing of tides and might just go organic from now on

18. image-2655271157.jpg

3-4 days after transplanting pretty much identical plants in the same environment. Right is miracle grow potting soil. Left is organic. Miracle grow absolutely exploded. Seemed to need no time at all to recover from transplant. It's def easy as hell to grow with. As for taste, I've compared organically grown buds from friends with non-organic and, in my experience, the taste/smell difference is hardly discernible. Some on here will claim it's night and day and to each his own, but after multiple comparisons I'd much rather stick with the simplicity of premixed potting soil.