new grow (afghan kush, NLxSK, Ultra skunk)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Panda85, Jun 29, 2012.

1. just popped some beans today

world of seeds afghan kush, and northern lights x skunk, and also dutch passions ultra skunk.

we will see if they all sprout and ill post pics of the progress.

im excited to change things up and grow some indica dominant strains and see how the yields turn out. they are all started in rockwool cubes in soil in 1 gal pots. i will grow them out, take clones and run them in single dwc buckets. :D

2. well so far the ultra skunk sprouted within 24hrs, i came back to check this morning and the tip of the tap root was separated from the rest of the tap root :( i was ever so gentle about checking it yesterday but today the tip of the root was on top of the seed, with the rest of the root downward...wtf? lol hopefully she will keep on rooting, the rest of the tap root seems fine and large enough that it could make it, who knows...

the nl x sk also rooted by this morning, and still waiting on the afghan kush. which these 2 are the main ones im looking forward to growing.

3. Patience is key for germination. Was the root still all in one pice? Sometimes the tap roots will curl but if its in the soil she'll grow. Good luck with the seeds,i look forward to the grow!

4. well i checked yesterday, pulled back a little rockwool to see if it sprouted yet, it did so i covered it back up gently, came back this morning pulled the rockwool back again and it looked all crazy like there were 2 tap roots coming out lol i just stared at it wondering what was going on, and noticed it wasn't attached to the rest of the tap root. just the very tip of it was broken off, and dont know how. should be ok

5. idk what is going on with that ultra skunk seed.. it has popped, the tap root broke at the tip.. but the seed still is opening showing signs of the first set of leafs but still inside the shell of the seed. it looks like part of the tap root is brown. i dont know if itll make it or not.. it almost looks like its trying to grow, without roots.. hopefully the little part of the root will start to branch, and keep it alive.

6. well the ultra skunk is dead for sure... this time it was my fault but maybe its a sign for me to stay away from dutch passion... i have had terrible results from them, strawberry cough and blueberry both hermied on me, and all of the clones i took from them also did a while back =/ oh well. i may start another c99 seed and see which pheno i come up with instead.

7. little update, finally they are picking up a bit... i hate growing from seed lol.
    the nlxsk i put into dwc right after it sprouted, just now dropped its tap root down into the water. plan on keeping weak veg nutes for another week then changing to regular mild dose.

nl x sk
    [​IMG]

afghan kush - soil, have to wait 2 weeks to finish up a dif plant in dwc flowering so i can transplant into that bucket. soil takes too long. the nlxsk is same age as this afghan kush...
    [​IMG]

and another c99 seed i decided to start.. just a few days old now.
    [​IMG]

8. Sweet, man. I was hoping you had a journal.. and sure enough, you do. Haha. Grow little ones, grow.

9. heres an update of everything taking off..

NLxSK
    [​IMG]

afghan kush
    [​IMG]

new c99 seedling, hope it turns out to be a good phenotype =]
    [​IMG]

and also here are some pics of the other c99 plant i have flowering
    week 3ish...didnt keep track
    [​IMG]

. and here is the clone that stretched like crazy, leaning like a bitch, almost ready to cut her down. has weak stems after they gain some weight. i have 2 different branches pollinated on this one. one is a sk1 or haze hybrid, the male looked indica dominant about a 60/40. the other branch was pollinated from its self using colloidal silver on a clone. its currently at week 8ish started out flowering very slow, just waiting up for the seeds to mature and let it pack on some weight. had to ghetto rig the shit out of the plant to keep it half assed up right and not letting branches snap.. zip ties and cloths line helped a little...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. update for the new plants :)

they are doing well, plants in soil are taking forever!! i got 2 clones off of the nlxsk(lower branching) and had to top the afghan kush to get a clone. the new c99 from seed is too small still to get a clone, just transplanted the soil plants into 2 gal pots.

plant on the right is nlxsk super healthy and decent sized for having a very low nutrient solution. cant decide if i want to flower it yet or let it get big. i may flower once the clones root. the top left is the new c99 growing super slow in soil :( and the bottom left is the afghan kush with a big chunk chopped off the top.
    [​IMG]

11. #11 Panda85, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    finally switched to a heavier nutrient solution, 2.5 tsp of veg and 1.5 tsp of flower nutes per gallon instead of 1tsp of each on the nlxsk. using gh floraduo nutrients btw. i also decided to start putting her under the 600w hps to veg while its on for 12hrs then back under the cfl for a few hrs. should see some massive growth pretty quick. also added a larger airstone and added 1/2 tsp per gallon of dyna gro protekt. cant wait to see a massive leap in growth over the next week or 2. i need about 10 clones asap from that plant so it needs to hurry up and GROW big. its super skunky smelling already, im going to need to vent the veg box into the flower tent to keep the smell down..it reeks, in a good way of course

12. finally this nlxsk is growing much faster :) i plan on letting the afghan kush grow out for a while in soil, and started a clone of it for dwc but i plan to focus on the nlxsk for now. in the next couple weeks im going to be setting up an under current rdwc system for 6 plants under the 600w hps. i fim'd the top of this plant recently and have 4 clones already. i plan on waiting another week or 2 to let it get big enough to take another 6 clones at once, or just take 2 more very soon so i have the first set of 6 to start vegging. plan on vegging for about 6 weeks and hopefully by then ill have everything set up for a new flower room instead of using this 4x4 tent ive been using for the past year... pain in the ass

im hoping to get another 600w hps and set up another rdwc system soon also for another 6 plants for 12 plants total under 1200watts in a 5'x9' area which i may turn into a large scrog. should be interesting to see what i can yield from them.

13. heres some new pics of whats going on in my room lol

ended up starting 2 seeds from the c99 cross with an unknown male that was a skunk or haze blend...good genetics but seeds were mixed. the nlxsk is going great, been able to get quite a few clones off of her and just fim'd the top about a week or 2 ago, getting her ready for flower along with some clones.

heres the beasty nlxsk...main stem is getting thick as hell and looks like she will be sturdy and bushy, and has HUGE leafs =)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here is a top view of the tent
    [​IMG]
    the 2 in the 1 gal pots next to the nlxsk are the crossed strain i made, growing slow so far in soil. the other 1 gal pot has a clone of the afghan kush, took forever to root, and looks like shit...doubt ill keep it, or ill end up flowering it right away if it makes it. the other 4 in 2 gallon pots are, (top one - afghan kush, middle - new c99 pheno, bottom left nlxsk in soil(clone) and bottom right is the old c99 pheno decided to keep a small clone of it).

in the blue totes are(right one is both nlxsk clones, left tote top plant, new c99 pheno and bottom is another nlxsk)

the totes im going to start flowering in a week or 2, roots just dropped into the water, and also flowering the large nlxsk in the 5gal. plan on taking 2 more clones off of it and setting up another tote to start them with the others. ill probably also transplant the afghan clone into a 5gal soil pot to start flower along with them, or transplant it into a 5gal dwc bucket thats lots of water to monitor though so idk yet.

14. update pix

2clones on right are almost 4 weeks old nlxsk. 2 on the left(top) c99 (bottom) nlxsk about 2 weeks old
    [​IMG]

fat hollow stem on the nlxsk
    [​IMG]

top of the bush of the nlxsk
    [​IMG]

so far loving the plant, awesome growth, very strong limbs, pretty bushy(need to manicure) have no idea what shes going to put out yet. they are all about week 2 of flower. seems to be transitioning pretty slow and stretching, but not too bad, i'm sure it'll all fill in

15. I hope you've started flowering by now. Haha.