Tips for cloning gdp

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gmoneyyyy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Have 5 gdp that i just put into flowering 2 feet tall 1 mnth veg i havent sexed them yet but when i find the females how can i clone them

2. Your suppose to clone before flower cycle. Cloning from flower most clones will die. Takes too long for cutting to root and revert back to veg. Best way is to check for pre-flowers during veg. Usually show up 3-6 weeks into veg than clone.

Good luck

3. I still havent sexed but i just put into flower cycle today should i just extend my light to 18 /6 continue veg and flower in about 2-3 weeks to do clones?

4. Hi dear may be these tips will help you..
    1. It’s best to take a marijuana clone from a mother-plant that is at least two months old. (I have cut as early as 5 weeks with no fatal problems) I find it better to take a clone/cuttings from the top part of my mother plant and I like to see at least 4-5 nodes per clone.(around 5-7 inches tall is ideal for me)
    2. Once I finish taking my clones I will put them under 18-24 hours of fluorescent light. ( I use a single t-5 for this)

BlackJack Clones Getting 90% + humidity
    3. It’s very important to keep humidity levels between 95-100% for the first 2-3 days and gradually reduce to 80% over a weeks time. ( I keep them around 70-80% for week 2 or untill I see the roots pop out from the growing medium)
    4. I use a spray bottel mixed with B-1 and water to mist the marijuana clones about every 12 hours for the first 3 days then once a day until I see roots. This also cools foliage and slows transpiration to help out the traumatized clones to retain their moisture.(I have used super-thrive as well, both work great in my garden) I also dip my clones in good cloning solution about once every 3 days keeping the growing medium nice and moist. I do this until I see roots.
    5. I keep my growing medium at 80 degrees with my heat mat, and the ambient-air temperature on the plants around 75 degrees. ( I use moist peat pellets or coco plugs for my growing medium at the start of the grow then insert them to some Rockwool cubes of many different sizes)
    6. Its very important that you do NOT tug on your clone to see if they are rooted. (can cause big problems like a week or two of stunted growth and worse case death)

5. Thanks so im just going to continue vegg for at least 3 weeks i wasgoig to flower becuase thier getting pretty big for my grow room

6. [quote name='"Gulfam62"']Hi dear may be these tips will help you..
    1. It’s best to take a marijuana clone from a mother-plant that is at least two months old. (I have cut as early as 5 weeks with no fatal problems) I find it better to take a clone/cuttings from the top part of my mother plant and I like to see at least 4-5 nodes per clone.(around 5-7 inches tall is ideal for me)
    2. Once I finish taking my clones I will put them under 18-24 hours of fluorescent light. ( I use a single t-5 for this)

BlackJack Clones Getting 90% + humidity
    3. It’s very important to keep humidity levels between 95-100% for the first 2-3 days and gradually reduce to 80% over a weeks time. ( I keep them around 70-80% for week 2 or untill I see the roots pop out from the growing medium)
    4. I use a spray bottel mixed with B-1 and water to mist the marijuana clones about every 12 hours for the first 3 days then once a day until I see roots. This also cools foliage and slows transpiration to help out the traumatized clones to retain their moisture.(I have used super-thrive as well, both work great in my garden) I also dip my clones in good cloning solution about once every 3 days keeping the growing medium nice and moist. I do this until I see roots.
    5. I keep my growing medium at 80 degrees with my heat mat, and the ambient-air temperature on the plants around 75 degrees. ( I use moist peat pellets or coco plugs for my growing medium at the start of the grow then insert them to some Rockwool cubes of many different sizes)
    6. Its very important that you do NOT tug on your clone to see if they are rooted. (can cause big problems like a week or two of stunted growth and worse case death)[/quote]

How do you feed your clones super thrive?

And did you say that you remove the clones from the rooting mediums to dip in cloning solution everyday for the first three days?

7. He feeds them superstring lthe only way you should. Mix it with water

8. I have read many threads stating better success rates from cloning while flowering, even with stains that were quite difficult to clone in veg cloning successfully in flowering.. Anyways they generally take longer.. about a month vs 7-10 days during vegging... watch out for mold/fungus and if your planning on revegging the clones trim off any visible budding sites to drop hormone levels.. good luck!

9. [quote name='"TheCurandero"']I have read many threads stating better success rates from cloning while flowering, even with stains that were quite difficult to clone in veg cloning successfully in flowering.. Anyways they generally take longer.. about a month vs 7-10 days during vegging... watch out for mold/fungus and if your planning on revegging the clones trim off any visible budding sites to drop hormone levels.. good luck![/quote]

I've read the same. I've also read clones do well when cut from mothers with higher levels of p and k. So it would only make sense since plant in flowering generally receive nutes with higher levels of p and k then vegging plants

10. Find greenbudguy lol he had GDP up the ying yang

11. Thrive alive b-1 red and green are technaflora nutes great for cloning and rooting. Not needed but can help if used right. Use too much and it will kill

12. Hey guys im back roots just came ij i see them pookin out what do i do now just put them into my hydro with nutes like i did before with seedling and keep them under my t5 lights or thow it into 400 w