Leaves have hooks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Errly Bird, Sep 26, 2011.

1. #1 Errly Bird, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    Have a new plant. We are new growers. Had a couple of questions about the little girl. It has these tiny little hook looking things in the tips of the leaves. I have a picture. It's soil based. 18/6 light cycle. No nutes. Figured it would be better to ask more experienced growers about possible issues, if there are any. Any and all advice is much appreciated. Even if the hooks aren't a problem, we would still very much like to know what they are.

[​IMG]

1000 W HPS Bulb/Hood/Ballast
    18-6 light cycle
    No nutes
    temp ranges: 84 F Light On
    70-75 F light off.
    One exhaust fan with attachment to light hood
    Two intake fans. One at door to grow room, one at door to room that houses grow room.
    Humidity bounces between 36-48% but stays within those boundaries.
    Light is currently about 28" above the plants.
    Mist plant at beginning and end of light on cycles.

2. Looks deformed maybe bad genectics. Bagseed?

3. Yeah. Just a batch of seeds we got from a friend. He just gave me a handful of all the ones he has saved up over time.

4. Plant another. I've never seen a plant like that

5. Well why waste a healthy plant?

6. I didnt say waste it I just wouldn't count on that one producing much. But you never know just keep updating with pics

7. search mutated plants on here or rollitup, there are some people who get some of the best yields/quality bud from the special ones. i would definitely say keep it going just in case.

8. Probably some genetically disturbed kush that will produce 10 X more thc than would other wise.

9. It will do great I 've had two seeds that looked just like that it will grow out of it, and it will produce just as well as any other seedling would

10. Said we would keep you updated. Things are going great. Same cycles as first post. Only been a few days but a lot of growth. She is looking wonderful..

If anyone has any advice on better growing techniques, we'd gladly like to hear them. This is our trial run, trying to grow a mother, and afterwards, we'll be cloning from her for our product.

We run a 1000w HPS sodium light, planning on a total of 6 plants. Any reason that this would not be a good idea? We have almost ideal grow space, could definitely use another 3 1/2" in all directions. As she grows, so will our knowledge, and so will the information we can give you.

Our next grow op, we plan on going hydro, possibly using an ebb and flow system, or a straight deep water culture bubbler system. If anyone has pro's and con's of each, and which would be best suited for what we've listed, we would gladly take that into consideration.

Here are some pics of our current plant:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. i have one doing the same thing.. its still a baby so i dunno whats to come of it.. hope it all turns out well though

12. #13 Errly Bird, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011
    Been only one day and she has shown vast growth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Looks like a healthy plant. I've had a couple plants with deformed first leaves, but they usually grow out of it and don't seem to have bad genetics.

14. Next days grow pics. Looking beautiful :wave: :smoke:

IMG_0560.jpg

Attached Files:

15. what kind of soil are you using?

16. I actually have no idea to be honest. Its just regular potting soil as far as I know. No additives of any kind.

17. lol, hmm ok. well most soils run out of whatever they have in them in 3-4 weeks so that is when you will need to start giving them nutes. or whenever the leaves start to yellow a bit. Also what size pot do you plan on finishing the grow in?

18. We hadn't fully decided whether or not to leave it in the 2 gallon pot its in or transplant it to another pot yet. I'm getting ready to do the next set of pictures at 6 AM. Would you like to wait around for them? lol

19. I would suggest moving it to a 5 gallon pot (AT LEAST, I dont know how big your space is etc) if possible. the more space the roots have the bigger the plant can get ;)

and how long away is 6am?