Why the goddamn did this take so long?!?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SaintAffliction, Sep 25, 2011.

1. This is the first plant Ive had that made it to flower, long story. Anyway, it was germinated indoors, vegged outdoors, and flowered indoors. Had to take the plant outdoors for security reasons for a while. Long veg, I didn't really keep good track of it, just let it grow for a while after I confirmed female. It vegged outdoors for at least 12-14 weeks, got very tall, like a little mini tree, right now she is about 4', half of which is stalk. I found it a bit peculiar that not a single fan leaf ever surpassed 5 fingers, but its bagseed, so its w/e. I dont really buy into the bad genetics of bagseed stuff, its good bud grown like shit, then handled like shit if ya ask me. She's been in flower for 6 weeks as of today. Its only been fairly recently the buds have started to form. Bad grower or just long flowering? Photos are: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 5, Week 6, Week 6 top angle. growing under about 150 cfl actual watts, 50/50 perlite vermiculite medium.

Attached Files:

2. There's no way it would take 6 weeks to start flowering something is wrong it looks healthy my best bet is your 12 hours of dark isn't 12 hours of dark it has to be completely 100% dark no light getting to the plant or it won't flower..

3. [quote name='"ChronicCrab"']There's no way it would take 6 weeks to start flowering something is wrong it looks healthy my best bet is your 12 hours of dark isn't 12 hours of dark it has to be completely 100% dark no light getting to the plant or it won't flower..[/quote]

I agree, make sure u have NO LIGHT AT ALL getting in during ur dark cycle. I get so paranoid about light that I keep the lights off in the room that the closet that my plants are in. (Ummmm... yea. I think I wrote that correctly) basically, for cannabis to produce flowers it must have 12 uninterrupted hours of darkness. If any light gets in that starts the plants clock over. Thus prevention of flowering.

4. Like they said. Complete darkness and it may be taking longer due to the fact ur flowering with cfls? I have never flowered with anything under 400w HPS

5. I use cfls only, its not that

6. Im curious about the yiels with cfls. The electric bill for my 2 HPS lamps gets pricey

7. Follow my link and u will see mine in like 50-60 days

8. Its had 12/12 uninterrupted, tho early on there may have been some light leaks, all fixed now tho, I'm just psyched to see some buds forming finally!!!

9. I am like two weeks into flowering Smile, her buds are starting to take shape a little. Its so cool when u see those Pistils popping

10. [quote name='"smokey4200"']I am like two weeks into flowering Smile, her buds are starting to take shape a little. Its so cool when u see those Pistils popping[/quote]

Agreed ha I just saw pistils for the first time two days ago ha

11. So you will most likely need to determine when its at its peak with a method other than time in 12/12

12. I suggest using a 50x magnifier to look at the tricomes

13. Bro keep the hps trust me the yeilds shity. I would kill for a hid setup but I can't afford it. :(

14. I am going to upgrade my light to hid as soon as I can... but cfls will do for Now. I would keep the hps, or ill trade u my cfls. Haha.