Best strain for single cola SOG?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ted7481, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Hey blades, I have a friend looking for suggestions on picking a strain for a perpetual single cola SOG. He is planning on using one gallon hempy buckets, vegging till they are about 6 inchs and rotating six plants in and out of the flower room every 2 weeks. The strain would need to finish in about 8 weeks and also be fairly easy to clone. Low odor would be an added bonus. Sweet tooth and Nirvana super skunk are possible canidates. Thanks in advance..

2. #2 pedrowarez, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    I vote for Critical + or Critical Mass

High yielding, fairly potent and fast flowering.

fwiw....I cut some critical + clones 4 days ago, and I have roots showing now. Not too shabby

3. I am very curious about this strain. I have a chance to get a clone. Is it good smoke taste and high wise? or does it just produce big buds that look nice?

4. Any strain, lollipop those ho's, trim all growth except the tippity top, people say the bottom 3rd but if you trim it all you have a true single cola grow & they will yield better,
    im doing big bud & zensation now, the strain info even says there good soggers.
    you can veg these TRUE lollipops for 4 weeks from clone & still place 4 per sq.ft, yiel 5+oz per sq.ft

any indica dom will fit your needs/time frame.

5. Thanks guys. Both the Critical and Big bud crosses look good to me. I have been doing a quick seed bank search this morning looking for both the strains that you have recommended. Could you steer me in the right direction?

6. Hemp Depot.ca has em.. critical mass

I had a look at the plants 4 weeks in Veg from there seeds today. They looked nice an Big and bushy.

kd

7. Id say PPP my friend is doing a 40 plant SoG with an 8 week flower, switching 5 plants in every week, pulls a good 5 oz every week.

8. and also, if your looking for a sativa, i saw a sativa dom hybrid with an 8 week flower, i almost didnt believe it myself. dont remeber the name of the strain though

9. Thanks for the input guys! Im pretty sure that I want to stick with an indica dominent strain because of hieght issues. the grow will be with a 600 hps so we definetly want to ge canopy penetration. Any ideas what bank has that Bigbudxzensation or PPP?

10. The strain info will say 8 weeks even if its like a 12 weeker, some companys state the earliest harvest date because it sells better, try & find some one who's grown it before for a more accurate harvest. Guestimate.

I got zensation & big bud from Ministry of Cannabis,

Attitude seeds sells ministry of cannabis seeds too

But doesn't carry zensation, its a newer strain.

I suggest checking out attitude seeds, Dr.chronic seeds,(both are like mega seed banks, that are supplied by many other seed banks), & Ministry of cannabis.

600s are great, you could have 36in plants, with at least the bottom 2 nodes trimmed off, & youll have excellent penetration

11. Thanks Doc! What kind of footprint do you think that 600 would have?

12. Haven't personally tried Critical before, but Big Bud worked well for me.

13. The recommended foot print is 3x3

BUT were lucky, were soggers, short single cola plants don't shade other plants, & its a perpetual you say, so plants are continuously rotated, so you can totally do 4x4. If you have a big reflectors you may also be able to do 4x5.

There's many ways to organize a perpetual, you have 4 quadrants/cycles under that one light. So you could even do a 5x5 space by having your 4-8weeks directly under the light, & puting the 0-4weeks around/or to the side of the 4-8weekers because they dont require as intense of light, they just finishing there stretch & forming buds.

its up to you, but 5x5 is the max, no matter how you organize or no matter how big the reflector.

hope that helps. :]

14. Nirvanashop.com has PPP femed. Only about 30 american, pretty good deal, solid strain, big yeilds.

15. Do you know where has NL5?
    What genetics are ppp?

16. Hey Doc, Nirvana states that the PPP is a F1 hybrid of a South African Sativa and a heavy Indica. I havnt ran across NL5 yet but am looking.

17. Wow, 28 grams per plant is pretty awesome! Can you share any details of the grow? Such as light type? Hieght when put in flower? Pot size? soil/hydro? The grow I am advising on is planning on 1 gallon hempys. 4 per foot flowering at around 2 weeks or 8 inches

18. 40 t5 lamps, with homemade LED panels on the side, and 2-3 week veg, 5gallon smart pots, soil, fox farms ocean forest for the flowering girls, some MG soil for the clones.

19. Most indoor plants will yield an oz per plant mate.