Police choppers and heat sigs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Numbness2005, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Is any one here knowledgable on just how much heat has to be produced for the IR thermal cameras in a police helicopter to pick up on it. I'm currently growing in my room which happens to be an attic and have

1x90 watt led
    2x45 watt 6400k cfls
    2x65 watt cfls

I'm growing in a tent that is around 5ft x 3ft x 3ft Temps in grow tent vary any where from 72 to 84. The temp in my room any where from 68 to 75ish.

Will this be noticeable from the sky or could it just be mistaken for say my tv or perhaps my amplifier they also get quite warm.

Any info on this would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. Man with these light fixtures you have nothing to worry about...I would be far more concerned not to tell any friend,chick etc about my grow than i would be about heat sigs.Most of the times, you are going to get raided because of a snitch, finding grows by heat, well, we must be talking about LOTS of plants.

3. Yo your plant looks amazing.

4. you've got nothing to worry about.

nice plants.

5. no, FLIR won't pick up a grow that small, and I'm pretty sure its against some law to even turn it on above a house without a warrant
    that said, police ignore small laws sometimes
    that also said, helicopters cost a lot to run, and are grounded in most places, unless you live in a large city

6. [quote name='"Danyul"']Yo your plant looks amazing.[/quote]

Thanks dude!

7. [quote name='"Makizushi"']you've got nothing to worry about.

nice plants.[/quote]

Thanks man!

8. Thanks every one you've really put my mind at rest!

Happy growing people! :)

9. [quote name='"BongSquad"']no, FLIR won't pick up a grow that small, and I'm pretty sure its against some law to even turn it on above a house without a warrant
    that said, police ignore small laws sometimes
    that also said, helicopters cost a lot to run, and are grounded in most places, unless you live in a large city[/quote]

Ahaha I'm in London man they fly over 2 maybe 3 times every night lmao.

Sure I'll be good though.

10. if u are worried try running ur lights from 5am to 5pm that way the lights will be off long before the helis are patroling

11. Be cool man your good they need a warrant to pull it ovr you and thatll only happen if they get a tip off that your growing pounds of marijuana

12. [quote name='"bongboi"']if u are worried try running ur lights from 5am to 5pm that way the lights will be off long before the helis are patroling[/quote]

Can't do that man I work from 7 til 5 need the time when I get home to water, groom etc. Plus I'd never see them ( they're in flower) cheers though.

13. #13 Numbness2005, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    [quote name='"lrod1516"']Be cool man your good they need a warrant to pull it ovr you and thatll only happen if they get a tip off that your growing pounds of marijuana[/quote]

Not sure they do need a warrant in England but I'm quite reassured now any how. Can't wait to see her form somas buds!

14. Your perfectly safe from IR.:hello: Shit a hair dryer puts out a larger heat signature than those lights.

Your biggest concern, as stated above, is letting other ppl know your growing. So just keep control of the smell and your tongue and you'll be good to go.

Nice looking plants, there's going to be "high times" in your future. :smoke:

15. Your amount of plants would be a joke for the feds to bust you based on a chopper or some other extreme ways of finding growers. Every chopper they use or police officer they have on the search is costing the government money, they want to bust big growers, not small scale growers like yourself. The only thing you need to worry about is not telling people. Other than that, no reason to be paranoid.

16. #16 Numbness2005, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    Ohhh yeah bring on the high times! Just hope they produce some nice bud..it's a first time grow for me but hopefully I'll pull it off.

I've had a few trouble with ph and Nute defs not to mention temperatures in the high 80s and spider mites lol. I've
    Managed to battle through all of that so with any luck they'll do good. Happy growing my friend.

17. [quote name='"RaiderBlazer"']Your amount of plants would be a joke for the feds to bust you based on a chopper or some other extreme ways of finding growers. Every chopper they use or police officer they have on the search is costing the government money, they want to bust big growers, not small scale growers like yourself. The only thing you need to worry about is not telling people. Other than that, no reason to be paranoid.[/quote]

Yeah I'm over the whole heat thing man I figured all you guys can't be wrong :) but as for the smell that remains to be seen. I do have an exhaust fan pulling out the air and then pushing it into a carbon filter outside of the tent ( has to do it outside due to tent size and space).
    All that said I'm not so sure about the air tightness of the tent the zipper for example leaks light you can see the lights inside the tent shining through the zipper. ( I've devised a light proofing system for 12/12 purposes.

But will my zipper leak the smell of bud into my room or will the extractor fan and carbon filter do the job?

Cheers man.

18. Dude, if you have carbon filter and only one plant, you will have no problems with smell either. I have 6 plants, zipper of my growtent door opened a bit and i can't smell a thing even when i am next to it.
    For one plant, i don't know even if you needed the carbon filter(depends on strain) but when i had one plant flowering, smell was not a big issue, only in the latter stages of flowering.
    Overall considering security i would say you are fine, apply the golden rule and use your energy and your mind providing the best for your babies when it comes to lights,ventilation,nutes and PH.

19. [quote name='"lowryder21"']Dude, if you have carbon filter and only one plant, you will have no problems with smell either. I have 6 plants, zipper of my growtent door opened a bit and i can't smell a thing even when i am next to it.
    For one plant, i don't know even if you needed the carbon filter(depends on strain) but when i had one plant flowering, smell was not a big issue, only in the latter stages of flowering.
    Overall considering security i would say you are fine, apply the golden rule and use your energy and your mind providing the best for your babies when it comes to lights,ventilation,nutes and PH.[/quote]

I actually have 3 In there but guessing if you managed 6 I should be cool. Thanks man.