Gel2ROOT Cloning Simple nothing to ad

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motech, Sep 13, 2011.

1. I found this product at a nursery of all places, they come in 2 packs & 6 packs. Its called Gel2Root, from the UK. You just cut & trim and then poke a small hole in the foil and stick your cutting in there. The insruction says enough room for three whoops I guess I cant count:D

Attached Files:

2. Yeah it works, never used it but I've seen someone just take a cutting and stick it in and it rooted, 20 bucks for 6 cups is a bit much tho, I would still only use one per cup tho so u don't have to untangle the roots from eachother, it is extremely stressful for the plant and that level of stress may hermie ur girl

3. Im really not going to wait for a massive tangled root ball, rather pull em with less than an inch. This was an emergency, I normally use a dome and a 10 x 20 tray and use rockwool and the tops got a little to much humidity for a little to long and im not sure if they all gonna make it. I still struggle with cloning issues, I have a diy 5 gallon bucket 8 site aero cloner and I tried a bubble cloner but I didnt have the time nor did I know to change the water/root hormone every week. Maintianing ph was a hassle too. So if this works as good as everybody says it does Im gonna roll with it:D

Attached Files:

4. U can always just root directly into soil, they take off well in soil

5. Just an observation,

It looks like you chose cuttings with a bit too much leaf. Yes I understand thats why you trimmed them to regulate light vs. no root structure yet. Try taking cuttings that have not developed leaves quite that big, These "younger" cuttings will have more oxins and root more willingly.

Hope they pull through for ya! Good luck..

-TheGreenLegend-

6. Hi all GC's just a lil update on the babys gellin, if this stuff works im gonna try some of the water crystals mixed with a little cloning gel and see what happens...

Attached Files:

7. You might want to consider putting the gel into a cup or something to block the light. Might help them root. I know light can hurt the roots. Maybe put them into a cup or wrap them in something that is easily removed so you can see still but keep them safe

8. I got seed trays and I thought about putting my gel in a little baggie and stick it down in the seed tray that way light wont get to it and I can pull it out and look at it and put it back.
    What do ya think?

9. Sounds good but just don't pull it out and look at it tho cuz it's traumatic to the roots so give it like a week then check ones set of roots, the strongest looking cuz it's most likely furthest developed and can handle the stress. I've thought about the gel quite a bit, is it rigid? Or is it runny.. I was wondering about transplant if it would come out in a blob or if the roots clumped together

10. Screw it. I'm getting one tomorrow to try it out. You should be okay to pull it out and look at the roots if you only have it in low lighting for a quick second

11. Hi coastal it seems to be fairly ridgid gel, its not runny. This is my first go with it, but i think the roots are going to come out with just a little coating maybe.
    I also made a cover for the gel cup made from a solo cup everyone seems to be worried that light may stress them...:D

Attached Files:

12. #12 motech, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    hi greenbudguy, the gel also comes in a 1Litre bottle.
    Gel2Root rooting gel for rooting of cuttings, softwood plants and root growth check it out bro:D
    I covered em up so they don't stress...

13. Pots with 60% perlite and 40% media will root plants as easy as any commercial product or cloning type buckets. No additional equipment necessary. The plants will root well with no rooting hormone, but may show roots a day or two earlier if used.

Marijuana is a very easy plant species to root. There is way too much confusion about cloning techniques. The biggest problem many growers have trying to root MJ is the fact that they water too often, regardless of the type of rooting system. After the initial watering on the plug media, the mixture should stay moist, but not waterlogged. Keep the moisture at an even level and the roots will fill the media in 1-2 weeks.

Commercial greenhouses propagate thousands of cuttings daily without the aid of domes, buckets, or other unneeded propagation products, using only soil mixes in plug trays.

A well drained media, careful observation, and a little bottom heat will work wonders for your propagation skills.

PW

14. Well good, I took the wrapper off that I made and took a peek. The stems are swelling right at the ends and turning a darker shade of green. I think the swelling is the roots growing to penetrate the outer skin of the stem... The little girls are as happy as a lark.

Good luck with that sour diesel, I dont think I've smoked that yet.

15. You should try scraping the outer layer of the stems. I do this for all of my clones. I normally dip them into rooting hormone and into a cube or soil but for this gel stuff I just scraped the outer layer and put it in. Haven't checked on it today yet. I'm putting it into 48 hours of darkness before giving it light again. I'll be putting it in the dome with the other 27 clones. Are you keeping the clones under a humidity dome?

16. #17 motech, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2011
    I never did put this one under the dome and they never wilted and haven't stopped growing yet, slowed down a lil but thats normal. And yeah I scrape mine too but I decided not to scrape these. I just did what the instructions said on the package nothing less nothing more except cover the cup.

I added the 4 pack gel cup to some more og kush clones I took this afternoon, they're all under the dome now...

I ph the cubes @ 5.5 and soaked em for 1/2hr then I cut six more tops from mum. She was ready to get rid of em:D Trimmed em up scraped em dipped em in olivias cloning gel and put em in the cubes. I cut the corner of the cube and use that to fill the top of the hole in the cube and gently push it in the top snugly holding the plant in place while also not allowing any light in the hole... No its wait a couple weeks while watering them everyday with 5.2 to 5.5 ph water only!!!

when they stand back up I'll put up another pic

Attached Files:

17. I like to keep my clones under a dome for a couple weeks to get some solid growth and root system established before lowering the humidity little by little every couple days until I can take it off completely

18. Clones are doing great I water them everyday with water ph 6.0 my temps are 78 to 80 deg. f humidity 80% under the dome, I only need the dome for a few more days.

Attached Files:

19. Seeing any roots popping yet?