Pink Kush?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gcpasserbye, Sep 5, 2011.

1. This year I grew 1993 original Master Kush from seed for one of my strains. I took clones and forced them into 12/12 to sex the plants. This was one of those clones. I put them outside once they had served their purpose and showed their sex. At that time it was over 12 hours of light so the lil runts went back into veg.

Low and behold this one plant has pink flowers. I had never seen this before. I searched the 'net and came across where this is rare, but sometimes occurs. The mother it came from shows no pink flowers nor do any of the other girls. Just this one special lady.

It doesnt make them any more potent, just a neat color variation I thought I would share. :D Aint growin fun?!?

Attached Files:

2. Wow. I like that. Very cool.

3. That's awesome, I totally need a clone of her. Pink OG Master Kush, well Mistress Kush. Yes I like that. Your so lucky.

4. She is one of my smallest plants, and yet she is now my favorite.

The weird thing is the mother she came from, no pink flowers. I read online if you seed or clone these rare pink phenos, the children do not come out pink. It is a genetic trait that no one is sure how or when it is triggered.

So for now I will raise this one to her maximum potential. I am figuring based on stem and size, she will give me an ounce or two of pink buds.

I'm so excited! This is why I grow. Well that and it's the only way to know some dickwad didnt spray malathion on the weed the day he harvested.

5. those leaves look very sativa dominate

6. I've done that your temp is low at night causing pink hairs..

7. pure kush from GHS is suppose to be a pinkish color

8. Ohio, she is growing with 6 other sisters in the same temps. Girl right next to her, touching, white as snow (and quite lovely in her own right). All the others, white. Mom, nothing but blanco.

From what I understand, it is a recessive genetic trait. For whatever reasons, it is activated in this one plant. It is getting nothing special. Just happened. I would liken it to an albino fish that would be born out of fry I would raise of oscars.

Here is a pic of Mom.

Attached Files:

9. Good eyes Root! 1993 MK is a cross of two types of hindu kush. It is listed in seed banks though as an Indica/Sativa hybrid being predominantly Indica.

As you can see, she does indeed look very sativy with her thin long leaves. They did that when they went into flower. Here are some baby pics. The leaves were fat as you would expect from an Indy when they were growing up.

I think this is what makes hybrids so strong. They can flex their genetic makeup to best suit the environment. Thinner leaves means more light to the inside flowers. In veg, fat leaves catch the sun. This strain is one of my very favorites.

Attached Files: