When to transplant autoflowers?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mikep1098, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Okay so I did all my research, I seemed to overlook one detail. I started reading a little about transplanting autoflowers, and found out that you shouldn't do it. Oops. I already have 3 easyryder seeds going in solo cups. They are 4 days old and have their second set of leaves. They are growing beautifully and I would love to keep it that way. So the question....

When would be the best time to transplant? Should I do it early(like now)? Or wait until their roots fill out the cups? Obviously, my goal here is to transplant at the ideal time, minimizing any negative effects on my final yield. Have you transplanted autos, and if so, was it a problem?

Not that it matters, but my specs are:
    2x2 tent/250w hps
    1x2 veg cab/110w T5's
    Roots organic/promix/lime
    Fox Farms trio
    max temp: 82f
    humidity: 50f
    RO water and pH is great

Thanks!

2. Hi Mike. I apologize for not being able to answer your question, as I'm a total noob, but I have a question for you.

What exactly is your 1x2 veg cab? What kind of light is a 110w T5?

I have a 400w hps, which I suppose I will use in my flowering chamber. Do you know what a would be a good light to use for my veg chamber? Probably growing 8 plants. Thanks.

3. #3 mikep1098, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    ikea cabinet with a (x2)55w T5 PL fixture stuffed in it.

4. #4 tehpurplepills, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    transplanting now will have no thinkable effects. transplanting is a problem because of either root disturbance or shock from a new completely different soil. the roots are nonexistant basicly, and any new dirt you add will have to be reached by the roots (problem with a cup is when the roots are pushing up on the edge and you transplant it, all those roots have to figure out how to deel with that soil) but without that barrier the roots will independently dig into the new dirt as they please and there will not be the shock,

and once the roots are an intricate life supply network with hundreds of feet of surface area you do not wanna take the chance for j rooting or even simple disturbances

5. Thanks purp. I was thinking sooner rather than later, but I really wasn't sure. I will get them moved tomorrow.

6. u are going to want 600 or 1000 watt Metal Halide for veg for 8 plants and 600 or 1000 watt hps for bloom for 8 plants i would only do 4 plants with a 400 watt