Help me build this pls

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TNkev, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Ok so here is my set up so far the box with its wholes and intake and out-take fans installed. I have seeds on way and would like to get this set up no later than 2 weeks after they arrive (in like a week most likely) but, i have some questions this will me my first grow i'm looking to grow only 1 or 2 plants at a time. So what would you recommend for lights? LED or what and how many watts? the box all together is 21x15x44. and would you recommend soil or hydroponics? What type of soil/hydroponic system. i do plan on getting the inside of the box reflective that way light will not be wasted. All help would be awesome, considering im a super newb at growing. but any way, hope to get some help thank ya'll so very much.

Attached Files:

2. i would put a large CFL on the top...
    Discount CFL Compact Fluorescent Grow Lights for Plants from ACF Greenhouses

and perhaps some 2 foot flouro tubes running down the sides.

go with soil, find some square pots to maximize space... you can find small square trash cans at any dollar store... drill some drainage holes and you good to go. using ur setup would grow using the lollipop method.

3. For lights, I recommend getting a bunch of CFLs. Around 10 of each spectrum, each for veg. and flower.

First grow, go with soil, I hear it's much easier.

As for reflective material, I'd go with some mylar or flat white paint.

How much did each of those boxes cost you and where did you buy them?

4. thank you very much. love the lollipop method idea. what do you think 1 or 2 plants with this method?

Any one else? trying to get as much help as possible.

5. Thank you for the info. the boxes ive had for a while and just trimmed them up and put them together. I got them at wallmart, i think they were around $6 a peace, not for sure though.

Any one herd of the ultimate grow kit that nirvana sells? would those be good nutrients to use? or should i stick with like pre-nutriented potting soil from like lowes.

6. light socket adaptars. i cant find those and i dont like online ordering. i was thinking of trying my local flower shop if i cant find one. wal-mart has those right?

7. if i put 12 in there though wouldn't that get kind of cramped in there? isn't 5''x5'' kind of small for full growth? im trying to get max growth per plant for some killer colas not so much sea of green. so would i need bigger pots? i may be just over thinking it but it is just 1/3 gallon pot seems like it might be a bit small for a full grown plant.

8. your local flower store should have them. if they sell hydro supplies and all that.

wal mart will not have them...

home depot sells large CFL's, but not large as the ones in the link... they will also have the light socket adapters as well..

i think you have a good thing going... i mean it looks like an innocent stack of plastic bins!!

9. great question, and certainly i would not put 12 plants in there but 6 for sure!! small pots with lollipopping you will get big nugs... i provided some pics for you.. 1st pic is a 7quart container, look at the shadow where the soil line is that is less than a gallon of soil...

Attached Files:

10. awesome awesome potbelly your awesome lol you have and suggestions for any good types of soil and nutrients?

11. Has any one herd of the ultimate grow kit made by nirvana? Whats some good soil to start with? And what nutes are good to use for beginners? Would local flower shops have good soil/nutes?

12. Get some Hollands secret..micro.grow.bloom. cheapest nutrients you will fine, my hydro store recommended them to me and they been doing wonders on my grow shown on the link below in my signature.. I dunno what lolipopping is, but I'd put 1 3 gallon container in there with 1 plant and just LST it ...the only thing you'd have to worry about is the lights reaching the bottom of the cannopy. good luck and prepare to be an addict.

13. Oh i'm sorry, i'd recommend Fox Farm soils, I'm trying ocean forest for the first time, they cost a little more than your average soils, but they're mixxed with lots of organic matter and the best part is they're fungus gnat free unlike anyother soils ive boughten.

14. i always have suggestions lol... as far as soil and nutrients. since you are against mail ordering... i can only suggest things that are available to you...

you can use cheap stuff like miracle grow, but always look for hydroponic nutrients... preferably organic.

soils just remember this... always buy your soil that was stored inside. anything out side even if roofed will most likely have pests in them... and since your grow space is so limited any type of pest can turn into big problems...

so let me know what is available to you and i and others will help you make the best choice.

15. im not all against mail ordering, i just prefer to do so in a way were i use as few websites as possible, to cut down on shipping costs. if i were to order online what would be your recommendations?

16. I order everything through amazon. I pay $75 once a year to be a prime member. And when your a prime member you get free 2 day shipping. And half the time it cones next day.

17. ii get most my stuff off amazon....but i did get 2 carbon filters in a row that were damaged...they let me take 20% off the cost of 1 and i returned the other. i got 2 exhaust fans and both had fixtures that wouldnt plug into US outlets...returned both...everything else i get there I'm super satisfied with!

18. okay, since you'll order online i will leave the where you get stuff up to you... i use ebay and amazon... but ebay the most... the hydrosource (on ebay) is the best seller i have found for equipment.

i bought a Go Box from general organics, actually the plant in the picture, was fed these nutes... its a complete feeding program, with feeding chart. for the size of your grow this set will last for many... many grows.

General Organics GO Box starter pack Free Shipping** | eBay

19. That Go Box looks absolutely awesome. i will most likely ordering that. Now i need to be looking for some soil... is that fox soil stuff good?