Led lights , does anyone know of there any good ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Matrix2317, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hey I've just started out growing my first plants I've read the grow bible by Greg green and know enough to get started but does anyone know If LEDs are any good or should i move on to hps?

2. When I was at Oaksterdam they said you could get the same growth from high powered floros for a much cheaper price. LED grow lights are still a developing technology.

3. They are ok for vegetative stages and clones or seedlings. Not so great for flowering.

4. OldskoolGrower, What lights have you tried?
    The latest series of Led grow lights are twice as efficient as HPS on flowering.
    Theyre are alot of trash talkers and read the science behind the technology then its just the same as anything else, theyre are budget brands and premium brands, what alot of people are trying to do is compare a premium HPS with a budget LED obviously not going to be good feedback for led. But Theyre are now 3 brands which i have seen that have tailored setups which offeres the capability of double the yeield over HPS

5. I've tried the UFO, some lower cost panels from HTG, and one other I forget now that a friend lent me. I love them for vegging and as supplementary lights but for now I'm sticking with HID's for flowering.

6. I am interested in the technical specifications of the light which you have used, the highest output ufo i have seen is 180w, which comprises of a ration of R:B 8:1 all led's at 120degrees.
    The optimum Ratio for flowering plants would be 7:1:1 R:B:O and for a 2 x 2 ft space i would recommend at least 300w LED.
    The important thing to remember is that Growing under LED is completely different, everything must get a tweak from the Feed to Light Cycle. I know led growers which use a 20 on and 4 off cycle for example.

Anyway, thankfully there are decent qualiaty Panels hitting the market without the premium price tag, finally.

Let me know if theres anythin you need :)

7. =
    Double the yield? please explain...

8. #8 HydroGROWLed, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    An ElitePRO300 consists of 100x1w LED's Actual Power consumption = 300w with the correct adjustments to Feed & LightCycle from a 4'X4' area to achive 1-2kgs - which is the maximum you could achieve with a 600w Hps, I agree there has been a huge influx of low quality Units which has killed alot of the hype of this technology, but it is finally there, and it is going mainstream.

Please note the above mentioned Item is only in the middle of their range of LED Grow Lights, Tests are currently underway using the New Elite864Ultra!!!

9. i get great yields from leds from clone to bud :smoke:

10. i think l.e.d is great technology!!i myself have only used a 90w ufo r/b/o and i think ther exellent veg lights, the 90w was so shit for flowering but i assume the higher wattage panels are much better

11. yes indeed QPL, high power panels in the right configuration will spport a commercial setup :) , i can get you a risk free 90 day trial on the new hydrogrow ultra range.. let my know if you want it can be arranged ;)